.18 seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkl3725

I wish seaducer would come out with a hull for the .18 pull start engine . I like the look of there monos better than any of those ready to run hulls. any input?

Unforunately the .12-.18 market isn't very big so I don't know if a company like Seaducer would be interested in making such a hull. If for instance the IMPBA "A" mono class suddenely toof off then there would be a need but for now all that the others have above .12's are the RTR classes.

He doesnt make a specific 12-18 hull but he has done some light layup electric hulls that have worked well for small nitros.Special order only.

It's not a seaducer, but you might consider one of the Delta Force 25" monos. http://www.buyfastelectricrc.com/pd-delta-...6-mono-hull.cfm (I'm pretty sure Paul will install rails if you like).

I've been running one for over a year now as an FE. Very fast and great handling. It's been winning a lot of FE races over the last year including both N2 mono and offshore at the NAMBA FE nats last summer.

It's worth a look anyway.

Seaducer has been working on a .18 hull for the last year. It is still in the testing stage. I would say about another 3 months till it is ready for sale.

Jerry

And with my price on the Novarossi .12's around $175 this class is really going to be fast, fun and affordable!

My next batch of .12 engines should be here late next week.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great to hear seaducer is working on a .18 boat . Some people cant afford a 1000.00 water rocket , but there are some nice .18 size pull start motors out there that are around a 100.00 . thats more in my price range since im not going to be racing but just playing around at the local lake.

i would love to see one of these boats, hopefully light enough for a .12

Jerry i need a good set up for Rhonda she says she going to beat my you know what out there next year lol Robert

Not slamming you Jerry but,

Why work on an .18 boat? It has to run in the .21 class any way.

The reason the .12 class has not expanded is because after people quit fussing that .12's had to run with .21's (IMPBA fixed that) they all-of-a-sudden wanted to run .15's and .18's. They have a class in IMPBA for those. It is the "B" class. I think that NAMBA has the "A" class. Now who is going to run a .12 with a .18? Nobody. Who is going to run a .18 with a .21?

It's too bad that the IMPBA "A" class hasn't been used yet. We also have the ABS class but there aren't many boats now that fit into that classes rules.

The intent of the RTR's was that they wouldn't actually be a class but you know us boaters......

This has put the sanctioning bodies with a problem, attempting to create a new class with oddball engine sizes in what I think is delliberately trying to keep them from being raced or trying to make a boat that doesn't fit within class rules so that the manufacturer is the only one in that class.

What needs to be clarified is how many boats does a manufacturer need to make to be considered a RTR. Jerry I think would like to know that also. He's going to have to find a reliable source for parts and especially engines.

I think the big thing...is having comparable speeds. I have seen Hydros, cats, and monos in the RTR class. Of course it is up to the local club as to what gets to run in the RTR class...I don't think anyone is going to complain as long as the boats are capable of running similar speeds. If the seaducer .18 wound up being a speed demon, I think a lot of the RTR guys would be complaining if it ran in RTR.

Kind of a double edged sword...if it isnt fast, no one will want it...if it is too fast, it won't be welcomed in the RTR class.

Sean

I saw nothing in Jerrys post to suggested this new boat is a RTR?

At the same time why not make an 18 powered mono? Does it have to be a current class to be raced in IMPBA or NAMBA.. na.. clubs can and should if interested foster fun RC boating no matter what direction it comes from.

I bet Jerry is having just as much fun designing and testing the boat as the people that will buy them!

Sounds like a win win to me..

Good luck Jerry and can not wait to see it on the market

Grim

with the .12 -.18 size engines there is a HUGE performance range. A performance based .12 engine with beat the pants off almost all the .15 -.18's because they are typically sport engines with larger displacent to make more power cheap. I'm not saying there are not performance based .15's or .18s but I don't think that is the norm. My TZ.12 powered Vegas, when I had it, beat every CVR.18 powered vegas I ran against. I never ran against a TZ.18 though.

I feel it should be an under .12 class. If there are enough boats it should be divided into classes.

I've said it for years that you can run a good.12 engine in a smaller boat and have just as much or MORE fun. Yeah, they are 10-13 MPH slower that the .21's but the cost is half.. the fun is not.

I would be happy to run against any side exhaust .18 with a good .12 engine...

I saw nothing in Jerrys post to suggested this new boat is a RTR?
At the same time why not make an 18 powered mono? Does it have to be a current class to be raced in IMPBA or NAMBA.. na.. clubs can and should if interested foster fun RC boating no matter what direction it comes from.

I bet Jerry is having just as much fun designing and testing the boat as the people that will buy them!

Sounds like a win win to me..

Good luck Jerry and can not wait to see it on the market

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back