17" mini hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Ross

17" ABS Mini Hydro

Need recommendations on running 2s higher Kv or 3s Lower Kv motors.

I'd like to keep the costs down on this as it is just something to play with.

Figured I could run hobbywing 35amp esc

Motor TBD possibly 4800kv

Strut Micro

Rudder Micro

Mini Servo

Props TBD on motor choice

Tips Advice greatly appreciated!!

This is my first electric build other then my 1/10 scale thunderboat which I am in the process of scratch building.

17" ABS Mini Hydro

Need recommendations on running 2s higher Kv or 3s Lower Kv motors.

I'd like to keep the costs down on this as it is just something to play with.

Figured I could run hobbywing 35amp esc

Motor TBD possibly 4800kv

Strut Micro

Rudder Micro

Mini Servo

Props TBD on motor choice

Tips Advice greatly appreciated!!

This is my first electric build other then my 1/10 scale thunderboat which I am in the process of scratch building.
If, as you noted, you're thinking of a 4800kv motor then a 2s lipo should be plenty for sport boating. Additionally with a no load rpm of approx 33,600 rpm on moderate cells an X427 is where I would start with a metal prop but there are carbon, glass filled and composite props as well that will get you on the water faster and cheaper. For example one of my lil hydros I run an x630 on 3s and on the mini twin I'm going to run counter rotating x430's on 2s per motor. I'll let you know how that turns out when it warms up. I relatively new as well but have flown 3s to 12s helis for some time and still do. Hope some of that made sense and helped. Mike

Yeah I have read some other builds with the higher kv motor I need to stay within 27-30mm I figured I'd start out with a 427 then maybe test more after that.

Most likely I will go with the 4800kv as it's an easy & cheap setup.

Latest posts

Back