16" jae

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet I want a mini!!! I like the little guys comentary!!! Also would like to install that upside down return to shore system!!! Watch all 3 vids and you will see what I'm talking about :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob Much better today! After speaking with Rod, I widened the sponsons by 2.5" and just for grins moved the battery forward about 1/2". Thanks for your help Rod.
biggrin.gif

2nd video with set-up adjustments................ B)

I just looked at the video.........you are about 98% there.......add another 1-1/2" to the sponson width .....set the turnfin about 1/4" deeper and add

5 to 10 degrees more curl.......something I forgot....stiffen the turnfin with a doubler that ends

halfway inbetween the fin attaching points on the sponson and the water line....the fin cannot flex for consistent performance..
thumbup1.gif

That should make the boat set-up virtually bulletproof......
rockon2.gif

That is a COOL running baby JAE rigger...can you tell me the specs on the brushless motor,speed control & lipo battery?

Thanks,

Joel

That is a COOL running baby JAE rigger...can you tell me the specs on the brushless motor,speed control & lipo battery?

Thanks,

Joel
You can find it over on OSE web page in the mini pages this is going to be a big hit just think of 6 of them at one time on a shorter race course
Just for clarification.....lets give credit where credit is due.....
rockon2.gif

Jim Bob initially came up with the 16" JAE all on his own without any input whatsoever from the JAE team......

It just happened by coincidence that the JAE team and Zippkits were working on some mini JAE FE boats at the same time.....

After seeing Jim Bobs initial video,I contacted him to offer some set-up advise.

I saw he was experiencing some handling problems that the JAE team initially faced and subsequently resolved.......

Jim Bob reduced the JAE plans and built the 16" mini-boat......I knew from experience that a 100% translation of the reduced nitro plans was not the ultimate design for a bullet proof handling FE mini JAE boat.....

The plans that we are developing now will be specifically designed for FE application....areas like weight distribution,ride surfaces,turnfins and flotation.These areas will be specifically addressed and tested and will be included in the new mini JAE plans.....

Jim Bob has done a great job.......

I can just imagine seeing 25 of these boats,going 40+ mph,showing up at a race to run on a course with 150 foot straightaways ......talk about fun.....
thumbup.gif

progress.gif

Thanks,

Joel

The boat in the video is running a Feiago 380-7S....5916KV motor

Mystery 40 amp ESC............Battery....2S-2650MAH-30C.......X432-de-tongued and Barr cut

Thats sweet, i got plans for a 16,17 and 19" jae shrunk down from the .12, not a whole lot of room when they get smaller, may have to put that set up in the 19"!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Joel
You can find it over on OSE web page in the mini pages this is going to be a big hit just think of 6 of them at one time on a shorter race course
Rick...I think it will be a hit.... :eek: 6 of them racing & fighting for the lead would be a BLAST!!!

Joel

Thanks,

Joel

The boat in the video is running a Feiago 380-7S....5916KV motor

Mystery 40 amp ESC............Battery....2S-2650MAH-30C.......X432-de-tongued and Barr cut
Thanks Rod for the information & yes Jim Bob did a great job on this project.

Joel

PS--It will be a hit...this will take off like RC ELECTRIC CARS....& WOULD BE A GREAT CLUB RACER FOR THE WEEK END...HAVE A POINTS SERIES RACE WITH IT IN YOUR CLUB. :)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_index.asp?gclid=CP3LqNDxg6cCFYa7KgodgXJBeg

Back