1440 mods/Compairison

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ggillman

Hey Guy's,

I am in the dark here, Whats the difference, in the Anderson 1440 and the Hopper 1440, I have the later, Its repitched and backcut, Anybody know?

Gene

Gener

I have the Anderson 1440 and have never tryed the Hopper prop. My guess is that they are the same..

I can tell you that i have had some 1440s cut my Randy Sampson and one of them won the 99 nats.. Very strange prop however. It would not work on anything else. It now rests at the bottom of the TCMBC pond. :(

Grim

P.S. Ill do some checking

Hey Dudes,

I have run both props. The Anderson prop is back cut a lot more and is not pitched as much as the Hopper prop. I liked the Hopper prop so much I mailed it to Tim in Aussy, he fells the same way I do about the prop. It is fast but very hard to get the boat hooked up.

Later TB

Yeah,

It didn't seem to work very well on my boat - didn't handle very well but it was very fast in a straight line, maybe I should have persisted with it and chased the right set-up! I am happier with the handling of the X440 and the Prather 215.

Yep, ;D Gotta agree with that about the Hopper, Very few can stay with one in a straight line, but the turns can be hard to get it to behave.

Gene 8)

Latest posts

Back