142.94 mph! electric yesterday

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome! Way ta go Ty!
default_smile.png

Pleeeeeease get some vid!!!

The record passes were made after sunset, lighting was poor. I saw at least five cell phones videoing the passes - I chose to watch the passes without the restriction of a viewfinder. I am certain videos will be showing up world wide very soon.

It was awesome - I had seen Joerg set the old record, and I was very glad to have been there both times the record was broken.

Need to sort/process vids - will take time - need to regain strength/sanity first

Thirty records overall set in the 5-day Super Saw

Fastest FE Mono : Ralf. M. : 108.95xmph

Fastest T-Hydro (overall world's fastest RC boat) Tyler G. 142.94xmph

After 8 years, the record FALLS in the final hour of the 5-day event. Excitement reigns :

out of focus screen shot of timing computer with each pass displayed for two-way average

Nov 2014 SAW Sunday014.JPG

Tyler prior to victory banquet with special 10 year old liquid reward

Nov 2014 SAW Sunday018.JPG

Dam tyler. You got it back for us. Now we must keep it from the world!!!!!!

Congrats. What an amazing achievement. You truly are the fastest rc boat racer
default_biggrin.png
:D
default_biggrin.png

Hi Tyler I said Wow fast & Super job ! Any pictures of your rigger and open FE Motor? thanks

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I still have a smile ear to ear from the run Sunday night. Bear with me as I make a write up and wait for the results to be double checked by the Grims. I will also post pics of all the competitors with their boats and if a good video is available of my pass I will post it too. It was 20 minutes after the sun set so there was almost no light to take video with.

TG

While it's one thing to be properly excited (and complimentary) at this achievement, almost a bigger accomplishment to acknowledge is the years and trials that led up to this record. Tyler didn't just show up with a boat, pull the trigger and set a record. I've watched him for years making attempt after attempt to best the 2006 record. Designing and constructing various setups, and trial after trial. Thrown prop blades, exploded drivelines, smoked motors/controllers/batteries and majorly deconstructing crashes. Always with a positive attitude and excellent sportsmanship in spite of all the setbacks that could easily discourage anyone in this position. Three cheers, Mr. Garrard !

Last edited by a moderator:
a bigger accomplishment to acknowledge is the years and trials that led up to this record. Tyler didn't just show up with a boat, pull the trigger and set a record. I've watched him for years making attempt after attempt to best the 2006 record. Designing and constructing various setups, and trial after trial. Thrown prop blades, exploded drivelines, smoked motors/controllers/batteries and majorly deconstructing crashes.
It never happens that way, unless you're "cherry pickin" as my 'ol buddy Gary Preusse used to say...
default_wink.png

Back