.12 Turnfin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Whats the best grade of Alum. to make a turnfin for .12 rigger? im thinking 7075 but what thickness?

Thanks

Whats the best grade of Alum. to make a turnfin for .12 rigger? im thinking 7075 but what thickness?
Thanks
7075 is great but not needed for these little riggers. I have been using some cheap stuff from Menards and it has held up. 6061 will do you good and not cost you as much as the 7075.

Mark

I am not sure of the metal grade for mine. I use a cut down grimracer turnfin (its used on the Miss Vegas).

Paul

ohhh my fin is .045 .................................... I just figured out I think I lost my digital caliper at Indy :(

Good News,

I found my digital caliper among my disaster of a work/build area, so all is good now :)

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have, I just have to find them.
let me know if you find one ok .
I found 2 of them but I know that there's more down there somewhere in the wasteland that I call a workshop. One is kind of sharpened and the other not. You might prefer the unsharpened one but it's your choice.

Todd, you've got your choice after him.

Sorry for the delay as somehow I had lost the other reply that you posted earlier..

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have, I just have to find them.
let me know if you find one ok .
I found 2 of them but I know that there's more down there somewhere in the wasteland that I call a workshop. One is kind of sharpened and the other not. You might prefer the unsharpened one but it's your choice.

Todd, you've got your choice after him.

Sorry for the delay as somehow I had lost the other reply that you posted earlier..

Hey Ron,

How long should I wait "in line"!!!! :lol: I'll take a sharpened one (ok I'm lazy).

todd

I had the 2 of them sitting right here but my wife had the nerve to clean the table. Now I have to find out what she did with them.

I had the 2 of them sitting right here but my wife had the nerve to clean the table. Now I have to find out what she did with them.
Hi Ron sorry for delay . go ahead and sell the turn fins. With our dollar value the way it is now. the shipping would kill me. thanks John.

Back