12 Rigger Class Dist 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High beams from the cars parked around the lake should do the trick. Maybe different color glow sticks for each boat may help as well... :D :D

High beams from the cars parked around the lake should do the trick. Maybe different color glow sticks for each boat may help as well... :D :D

A few of the portable baseball field type light sets and were good to go. No glow stick required. Brandon could just get the County to leave all the baseball field lights on for the far side of the pond and we only have to light the frontside of the course- and maybe turns 1-2 on the North end-LOL.

A few of the portable baseball field type light sets and were good to go. No glow stick required. Brandon could just get the County to leave all the baseball field lights on for the far side of the pond and we only have to light the frontside of the course- and maybe turns 1-2 on the North end-LOL.
I am not sure I would want to have to go get my car after dark at that place.

Rick, I may have taken it a little wrong, I happen to be one of the guys with a 60, 90, and looking to build an x hydro. I think one of the reasons people don't run them is because there is no mention of them on the flyers. In fact let me call Eric and see what the turn-out is in west palm for x and 60, and all hydro classes I know he has a boat in each one. I know the people are out there to run, but with the failure to mention them people are discouraged. At the last brandon race I spoke with several people that said, "man If I had know they would have run it i would have brought it" I say list it on the flyer, if not enough show fine. don't take it off the flyer for next race because someone is to lazy to type it. I guarantee that if we show them on the flyers the will come. I don't want to see certain classes go out I want to see them all run, BUT without new classes we lack new people. not everyone has the money to drop in a 60+ boat hell I saved my money for 6 months just to get my 21 sg going. WE NEED MORE low end classes to grow the opportunity for people to race.

Zach

I'm not following your "I think one of the reasons people don't run them is because there is no mention of them on the flyers"

Below is the same template that is used for the race flyers on our District 3 website

So how can you say there not mentioned?

It didn't come out exactly like the race flyer, but the classes are there.

CLASS

A Mod OPC Tunnel $

A. Mono $

A Hydro $

B Mod OPC Tunnel $

B Mono $

B Hydro $

Sport 40 II $

Sport 21 $

C Mono $

C Hydro $

Scale Unlimited Hydro $

X Mono $

X Hydro $

GX -1 Mono $

Nitro Offshore $

Gas Offshore $

GX-1 Rigger $

GX-1 Cat $

GX-1 Sport Hydro $

Gas Crackerbox $

RTR $

Jersey Skiff $

I understand that those are the classes " there are", but not all of those classes are listed on the flyers.

Any way you slice it, this is still an expensive hobby and getting more expensive all the time. I don't know how many times people stop to talk to me about the boats at the lake. Before they leave they almost always ask, "how much". You say a $1000 and they look at you like an idiot. If you could sell a 60MPH boat for $300 I think you could sell them all day long,... Just like cars. I can't do it though.. Just a good motor, even a car motor, whether you buy a cheapy and have it modified, or buy a good one and up the timing, still costs $200+ by the time you add a flywheel, collet and header... Then a pipe,, radio and, oh yeah,... an actual boat... I haven't found a way to get there yet..

Still a $500 toy..

Back