11cc K&B

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanTerry

Is there still interest in 11cc outboards?? Not sure if any where in the country still runs them.

Alanimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there are k&b 67 still being raced , world tunnel champs every year , and soon nova Rossi will be in the mix.

I just got one together myself .was hoping to run it this past weekend but the rain put a end to that .Hopefully this weekend will be better

Is there still interest in 11cc outboards?? Not sure if any where in the country still runs them.

Alan
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Ahh yes, the K&B 11 cc Outboard. The ultimate fuel to noise converter.

JD

I'll be at the pond this Thursday with my 11cc tunnel to test and tune. At the races I go to next year, I'll run it in Open Nitro if Open Tunnel is not an option. There is another member of the Cincy club has a 11cc tunnel.

Ok what would the going price be for a brand new never sense fuel 11cc outboard (the one pictured)?????

What ever you are willing to pay for it.. The other Cincy club member bought the 11cc motor/pipe from me several years ago. No other IW member even asked about it, that I recall. It's been a few years, so my memory has gone down hill. Thought I was asking $150 - $200 for it. Pipe was Irwin quite pipe. He used the motor/pipe on a Woodstuff boat and took 1st place at Hobart, beating John Otto in a shootout. Below is the motor/pipe.

Just in case anyone's thinking about running a 67 outboard

Here is PTI Racing's (formerly ML Boatworks) NX 400 , our soon to be released 40" tunnel hull

Getting ready to test this hull with an 67 outboard

nx400 pic1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Popular mod back in the day was to take the 7.5cc red carb and put it on the 3.5 OB.

Does Mecoa move any of its product at all?...Like the airplane stuff?

I've used the red / purple carb on many of the 3.5 mods. But as we all know, those carbs were never offered on a 3.5 by K&B. With that, why does Mecoa list the carb as being for the 3.5? One of the many reasons why I'm slowly getting rid of the K&B 3.5 items I have.

I have a 13cc K&B outboard on my tunnel. It Runs like my real full size tunnel that I use to race. Today I don't have anything to race it with. Is there a class for my 13cc tunnel at the tunnel championships ? My profile pic. is a picture of my 13cc tunnel.

You can run Open Tunnel. They always have enough boats for some close racing. What is that hull you are running?

Back