$10,000.00 IN PRIZES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed I was still listed on Sport 20 class, I wanna scratch that class. Only running RTR(ch 86) & Scale(ch 67)

ok will scratch the sport 20 not a problem.
bruce i need to bail on all classes .. please let somone else deserving in there.. i lost one boat at mendota and it is a weekend i have with my son and his mother is quite uncooperative with me so i can forget about trading weekends.. if you guys could refund me that would be great of you.. i know we are past the deadline but i sent mine in after..lol i owuld be thankful to see someone else get my spots and have a great time .. i wish i could work this out and get it in but i cannot.. thanks and sorry guys.

tk

I noticed I was still listed on Sport 20 class, I wanna scratch that class. Only running RTR(ch 86) & Scale(ch 67)

ok will scratch the sport 20 not a problem.
bruce i need to bail on all classes .. please let somone else deserving in there.. i lost one boat at mendota and it is a weekend i have with my son and his mother is quite uncooperative with me so i can forget about trading weekends.. if you guys could refund me that would be great of you.. i know we are past the deadline but i sent mine in after..lol i would be thankful to see someone else get my spots and have a great time .. i wish i could work this out and get it in but i cannot.. thanks and sorry guys.

tk
Dude THAT sucks big time! :(

Bruce,

Is it written somewhere how the format works for the Hobart race? The last time I was at a Masters (many years) there was qualifying for a,b,c, mains etc. I'm just wondering if it's similar, or totally different. Maybe someone could explain or point me to something that will explain.

Thanks, Ron

Bruce,

Is it written somewhere how the format works for the Hobart race? The last time I was at a Masters (many years) there was qualifying for a,b,c, mains etc. I'm just wondering if it's similar, or totally different. Maybe someone could explain or point me to something that will explain.

Thanks, Ron
no more qualifing. just heat racing for points

Ron,

For the last couple years, The Masters was run in a "shoot-out" format. The heats were assembled for the first round, but after that the heats were filled out by point standings. The top guns running against each other and the tail-draggers running against each other. This year, however, it was decided that they would just fill out the heats for all four rounds, as there is going to be way too many boats to try and keep up with what's going on, plus fill out the heats for later in the day.

To make a long story short, the Masters will be run like most all other races. You will get a heat sheet from the sign-in table that has all heats to be ran spelled out for everyone, except any run-offs and the scale consi and final.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I stand corrected. Scales will run heat race points only for the winner. There will not be a consi/final format. This was determined by a poll of the scale drivers at local races and also, the town of Hobart will be awarding a special "Clock Tower Trophy" to the driver with the best score with 2 boats. This could impact the point accumulation for scale drivers for this award. For you drivers flying in, hope you have room to cart this trophy back if you are the winner.

Stu, I am sorry but I will not be able to make the race. Please scratch me from RTR, Sport 20 hydro, and Sport 20 tunnel. Thanks Bill Wachtler

The running order of the classes will be B-Spt Tunnel, RTR, B-Hydro, Spt-20, Spt-40, Open Otbd, D-Hydro, Open Mono, E-Hydro, Open Gas, F-Hydro, Gas Kat, 1/8 Scale, Unlimited, Classic T-Boat. The Multi Engine race will be 5 rounds on Friday only and will have the first round will be inserted at approx 2 hour intervals. We will run 1 round of heat racing on Friday with 2 rounds to be on Sat with 1 round finishing up on Sunday.

The running order of the classes will be B-Spt Tunnel, RTR, B-Hydro, Spt-20, Spt-40, Open Otbd, D-Hydro, Open Mono, E-Hydro, Open Gas, F-Hydro, Gas Kat, 1/8 Scale, Unlimited, Classic T-Boat. The Multi Engine race will be 5 rounds on Friday only and will have the first round will be inserted at approx 2 hour intervals. We will run 1 round of heat racing on Friday with 2 rounds to be on Sat with 1 round finishing up on Sunday.
Boogity, boogity, boogity!! Yeah baby it's finally here! Just dropped my boats off at FedEx this afternoon and looking forward to next week's flight up. This is gonna be a blast!! B)

Anybody within 200 miles ought to at least show up for one day as this is gonna be BIG! I'm all excited and I'm not even racing!

If you can't be there in person then sign up to watch it live online at Me Time's site. They've even got a chatroom going on during the event.

It sounds like the City of Hobart is going all out to make this an event to remember not to mention what the Indy club has done to make it an unforgettable time for everyone.

I'm looking forward to not only the racing but meeting up with everyone I already know and those that I haven't had the pleasure to meet in person. See me wandering around, give me a yell!

There are two very well known boaters from the west coast who well be there just to watch, & two others to run hard and fast. :p (Oh if I was only single :rolleyes: )

Don :)

I was born and raised with Lake George as our playground with stock outboard hydros and runabouts. Besides us there was only one other person that would test with us that lived on the lake also. Everything went fine until we started testing the B Merc and everyone that lived around the lake had to buy ear plugs.
blink.gif

Now almost 40 years later, the town has rolled out the carpet for an actual sanctioned boat race. That's ironic.

I've always wondered what it would be like to rip the lake without worrying about seeing a police officer waiting on shore to give the lecture.
laugh.gif
What's also ironic is my boats aren't far enough along yet to make it racing.
wacko.gif

A Great Thanks to the Indy club for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered what it would be like to rip the lake without worrying about seeing a police officer waiting on shore to give the lecture.
laugh.gif
Tell the cop that if he has a problem, talk to the Mayor, he's the honorary starter! :lol:

According to weather.com, the forecast looks good for the event weekend so far, low 50's in the morning and topping out to around 70 with clear to partly cloudy skies for all 3 days.

Latest posts

Back