1/4 scale F1 Tunnel project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DH Racing

I have a Aeromarine Predator hull, not my fav but it's a start with a Lawless G Drive. Anyone that has some experience

in large tunnels chime in here. Also I spotted this hul in another thread, anyone know who makes it, very nice hull.

Thanks,

David

IMG_0077Arian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Aeromarine Predator hull, not my fav but it's a start with a Lawless G Drive. Anyone that has some experience in large tunnels chime in here. Also I spotted this hul in another thread, anyone know who makes it, very nice hull.

Thanks,

David
Hi David,

the hull is made in Germany by Ossi Modelbau: http://www.ossis-rc-modellbaushop.de/ They cost around 250 euro without shipping. This particlular boat is built by Arian Hendriks from the Netherlands. He has run close to 70 mph with it.

I have a Aeromarine Predator hull, not my fav but it's a start with a Lawless G Drive. Anyone that has some experience in large tunnels chime in here. Also I spotted this hul in another thread, anyone know who makes it, very nice hull.

Thanks,

David

check the Woodstuff by Mike...he's making a hull capable for gas.

The woodstuff hulls are working great.

I have the first of them and have the Lawless drive and a G26. Walt also has one of these and we finally got to run them together at the Kalamzoo Fun Run yesterday.... They handled the rough water very well, they are fast and best of all they actually turn without a bunch of messing around....

It drove EXACTLY like my smaller boats, nice and smooth!!

He does have one done and in stock ready for shipment if you need one. You can let me know if you have more questions or need some more information on teh 1/4 WOF Tunnel from WoodStuff.

Bill

His and Hers Hobbies

I have to agree with Bill.

The only difference between mine and Bills is I'm running a Sikk powerhead

The Woodstuff hulls are really nice and best of all,they work really well. The setup is very similar to the smaller nitro boats too.

And you don't need to add any weight to make them run.

I'm quite impressed with mine even in the chop with some wind.

I wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

I really like the boat and the quality is second to none.

Check em out.

The Preditor as is,they really don't work well at all.The transom needs to be moved back about 3- 4" and raised up about 1 1/4". The sponson ride pads are too flat and the tunnel is a little shallow. Unless the bottom is modified,it just won't turn.Adding a turn fin will help,but not really the answer. It also needs quite a bit of weight added.

The Tunnel in your pic comes from Germany and is about $850 shipped to you.

If you can swing it,the Woodstuff gets the job done as is.

If you would like any pics,contact Bill or myself and we would be glad to help out I'm sure.

If you need pricing etc. Contact Bill.

Good luck!

I have to agree with Bill.The only difference between mine and Bills is I'm running a Sikk powerhead

The Woodstuff hulls are really nice and best of all,they work really well. The setup is very similar to the smaller nitro boats too.

Check em out.

The Preditor as is,they really don't work well at all.The transom needs to be moved back about 3- 4" and raised up about 1 1/4". The sponson ride pads are too flat and the tunnel is a little shallow. Unless the bottom is modified,it just won't turn.Adding a turn fin will help,but not really the answer. It also needs quite a bit of weight added.

If you would like any pics,contact Bill or myself and we would be glad to help out I'm sure.

Good luck!
Walt,

I bet that thing was easy to see on the water!

Hey Rusty,

Yup, It sure is easy to see.

And not only did the boat run good,but it looks great too!

I had the Villain out also.That's my favorite.

I'll be adding a few pics to my gallery soon and I believe Mark Scott will have a few pics of our big tunnels running also.

I can't wait to see them myself.

And for everyone else,

a big thanks to Rusty for the fine paint he put on my Woodstuff and my Villain.

He's helping to inprove my image ;) If that's even possable :lol: :lol:

Thanks,

David
Hi David,

the hull is made in Germany by Ossi Modelbau: http://www.ossis-rc-modellbaushop.de/ They cost around 250 euro without shipping. This particlular boat is built by Arian Hendriks from the Netherlands. He has run close to 70 mph with it.

XtremeRcBoats, Do you know where in USA can I buy this Germany hull? I like so much, and I waiting to buy someone.

Thanks a lot, Carlos Arrieta

Thanks,

David
Hi David,

XtremeRcBoats, Do you know where in USA can I buy this Germany hull? I like so much, and I waiting to buy someone.

There is no Distributor for the boat in the USA.

It has to be shipped from overseas. Plan on $260 Euro for the boat and $380 Euro for the shipping = $860.00 US Dollars.

Does anyone have contact info for the 1/4 scale Woodstuff hull manufacturer?

Thanks.

Thanks,

David
Hi David,

There is no Distributor for the boat in the USA.

It has to be shipped from overseas. Plan on $260 Euro for the boat and $380 Euro for the shipping = $860.00 US Dollars.

hmmm.... I bet I could rectify that. That boat could be shipped to the states for under $100 U.S. dollars. Maybe I will contact Peter.

Does anyone have contact info for the 1/4 scale Woodstuff hull manufacturer?Thanks.

Jack,

Bill,rcpilotbill above post, from HIS and HERS hobbies would be the contact person.

I also know that there is 1 extra boat built and available as of Saturday.

Does anyone have contact info for the 1/4 scale Woodstuff hull manufacturer?Thanks.

Jack,

Bill,rcpilotbill above post, from HIS and HERS hobbies would be the contact person.

I also know that there is 1 extra boat built and available as of Saturday.
Thanks for all the good information. I am interested in seeing the Woodstuff hull, some pics and layout in interior.

Is it glass, wood and so forth. Also am interested in if Peter can ship one of the German hulls too and dimensions.

From the pics if looks a little smaller than the Predator I have not. it is funny the comments about the transom

on the Predator. I looked at the hull when it came out of the box, laid it on the bench and thought the same things.

I may be stuck with a turkey, but can always sell it.

Thanks and I look forward to pics of the Woodstuff.

David

Hey David,

You can go to my website, www.his-hershobbies.com and click the Woodstuff link on the left side of the screen. Those pictures are of the first boat that was being built and the whole build project. I have more pictures of the boat completed as it is now being run if you would like them...

Any other questions just let me know via email at [email protected]

Thanks

Bill

Hey David,
You can go to my website, www.his-hershobbies.com and click the Woodstuff link on the left side of the screen. Those pictures are of the first boat that was being built and the whole build project. I have more pictures of the boat completed as it is now being run if you would like them...

Thanks

Bill
Ask Pat, i know he has one shipped over to the states: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=2116

I have to agree with Bill.The only difference between mine and Bills is I'm running a Sikk powerhead

Check em out.

Good luck!
WALTR, Could you send the pictures to my email ([email protected]), please? Do you have any video of your 1/4 Tunnel Boat?

Walt, I gotta ask, just how many Pinball machines do you have? Are they kept at your home? sorry to get off topic!

~James

Hey David,

Thanks

Bill
Ask Pat, i know he has one shipped over to the states: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=2116
David,

Yes I have the OSSI Tunnel! Email me at PCMBOATS @ cfl.rr.com and I can send pics of boat and motor!!

Later!!

Pat

Hey David,

Thanks

Bill
David,

Yes I have the OSSI Tunnel! Email me at PCMBOATS @ cfl.rr.com and I can send pics of boat and motor!!

Later!!

Pat
Hi Pat,

how is the tunnel doing. Has it already been in the water?

Back