1/4 Scale "Capsule" Pro Hydro Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I talked to some of you guys in JD's thread about his new Kneeler design, and discussed the Pro Hydro series boats, and that I planed on building one. I have started, and the boat is a true 1/4 Scale hull. Its based off a 12'8" race boat, and my boat is 41". I am working on the non trips and sponsons right now. Once the hull is complete, I will begin making the cowling plug..which is the hardest and most unfun part! This is gonna be a neat boat I think..will be 11cc Outboard powered!

capsulehydroMedium.jpg

1100_H_2154Medium.jpg

100_3208Medium.jpg

DSCF1738Medium.jpg

DSCF1742Medium.jpg

DSCF1743Medium.jpg

DSCF1746Medium.jpg

DSCF1747Medium.jpg

DSCF1748Medium.jpg

I can not wait to see the finished hull. You should take it to this falls USTS race in Raleigh and show the owners of the full size boat.

I went to the USTS page, and saw no schedules yet for any 09 races. I hope they list some soon. I really want to see the real thing!

I went to the USTS page, and saw no schedules yet for any 09 races. I hope they list some soon. I really want to see the real thing!
The USTS site is a bit slow on getting the schedules posted. This is what The USTS president posted oh HydroRacer.net in our fourm on that site.

USTS Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you have inquired about the schedule. I apologize that we did not get the Promotion out last month Brad has been busy with work and the holidays. Here is the schedule we have for the 2009 season.

May 21-25 DePue

(We are working on a potential 2 race weekend with testing on Thursday and friday morning and 2 races over Sat Sun and fininshing on Mon morning.)

June 19-21 Winona

July 24-26 Constantine

July 29-Aug 2 DePue PRO Nationals

Oct 9-11 Raleigh

We were unable to secure any Florida races this year due to economic conditions in Florida. The Rotary Clubs in Inverness are already planning the 2010 race as well as the Rotary in Lake Wales. I understand there are some folks working on getting some PRO classes onto the schedule at some of the winter Florida races for those of you who might want to head that way in the early Spring. I have no details concerning those plans at this time.

I will update as furthur info is available.

Kristi Z-22

President, US Title Series

PRO Commissioner Region 4

That is just plain awesome. October 9th is my birthday! haha, I will definitely be doing that then! Do you happen to know what lake they will be running on? Lake Jordan maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
No sidetracking, get building :lol: I'm anxious to see more. People are watching.

Very nice, Spooner...

Here's a couple of nice three point shots to get you going again...

ffa2_3.jpg
0855_3.jpg

039e_3.jpg

Haha, That looks like NO point shots! The prop is all thats in the water! nice. I worked on the sponsons Sunday, got them done. I have the non trips about done. Once those are done, the full sponson length will be glued together, then the top deck sheeting added..Then the part I dread the most..building the cowling plug! I will get some more pics tonight or tommorow to show the progress. Mike

Sup guys, I actually finished building the hull last night. I was gonna post pics today, but I got called out to the field to inspect my water main project. I will get them posted tonight. I also decided to do something a little different. I designed a removable kneeler cowling to use for now till I get the pro hydro cowl build and molded. So this boat will have the option to run either open or closed. The pics will explain this further! Mike

That is just plain awesome. October 9th is my birthday! haha, I will definitely be doing that then! Do you happen to know what lake they will be running on? Lake Jordan maybe?

Mike.....thinking that it may be Lake Wilson. Was there in '07 and is one of the best places to

watch a boat race that I have ever been to.

Mike.....thinking that it may be Lake Wilson. Was there in '07 and is one of the best places to

watch a boat race that I have ever been to.
I was informed today by the President of the USTS that the race will be held on Lake Wheeler.

I will have to look and see where that lake is, cause I will be going!

Ok, so, time for new pics. I got the hull done, just needs to be epoxied. As stated, I will be making this boat so it can be a kneeler, or a Pro Hydro. The reason for making it a kneeler, is I want to start using it soon, and making the Pro Hydro cowl will take a bit of time, so this will give me the option. Here are the pics!

DSCF1787Medium.jpg

DSCF1789Medium.jpg

DSCF1790Medium.jpg

DSCF1792Medium.jpg

DSCF1793Medium.jpg

DSCF1795Medium.jpg

Mike the hull is looking sweet!
Well, I got lucky this weekend, and was able to pop another cowl from my cowl mold. Its rough, but I got it cut out to the proper shape, and it looks great on the hull! So I will not be making this boat a part time kneeler after all..Pro Hydro all the way! I will have pics this week..my wife left the camera at work :( Updates soon, Mike

Here are some pics. I did a light coat of epoxy on the hull, and worked on the cowling some. It still needs a lot of work, but it should be pretty nice. I cannot wait for the day I can make some good molds from my cowlings instead of using my old mold. Should make a much better product! Enjoy, Mike

DSC03332Large.jpg

DSC03331Large.jpg

DSC03330Large.jpg

The cowl above came from the same mold as this cowl, so I know it will turn out well even tho it looks rough right now!

DSCF1382.jpg

Back