1/10 HYDROPLANE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pttcat

I just bought a 1/10 not long ago. I WAS just like everyone else THERE SLOW AND THEY DON'T RUN LONG (WRONG) the new batteries and motors that are out there now are alot different then years ago. I normally like the 1\8 scales myself, but have found the 1\10 hydros run just as well and they are FAST.

I have mine (Checkerboared comet) just about ready.

Its a boat I bought and am rebuilding. I know that its not for all but I would rather re-build an old boat then build a new one. its just fun to wrork with the history the boat has.

Grim

We're now running them as a class in our club as well... (Puget Sound Fast Electric Model Boat Club - PSFEMBC)

Unfortunately, While I was playing around at the Oberto Seafair party on Sunday... My JR RS310 RX decided to do what it does and my beautiful 1990 Oberto hit the rock wall at full tilt... No steering... ESC locked on... Nothing I could do... Should have known better... Back to the DCX Hitec next time...

Here's what it looked like BEFORE I hit the wall:

Oberto_tenth_1990_002.jpg

I'll post a pic tonight of the damage... Luckily, it's not really too bad. Just clipped the right sponson and scuffed the paint some... I have all the stuff coming to fix it right, so it'll be back on the water in a month or so...

In the meantime, again luckily for me... I have a backup! ;)

DeWalt_001.jpg

I have this one JUST about ready to go!

What setups are you guys running? Our club has spec'd the SV27 power system... You can use any ESC and P-Power specs (4S Lipos). We also allow the E-RCU setup, which is a Himax 3630-1500. This is the setup I was running. They are about on par with the SV27 setup... perhaps even just a TOUCH faster. Need to do more side-by-side to figure that one out... The HiMax motor, like the BJ26 motor, has better quality wire and seems to be a more precise part... Holds solder on the connectors much better as well... (Sorry Mike... :( )... It's more expensive, however, and the SV27 system REALLY powers these at good speeds for this type of racing...

They're not "rockets" on the water, but they are plenty fast to have FUN and the competitive racing more than makes up for the lack of sheer speed...

Last edited by a moderator:
OUCH... Here's the task I have in front of me to get this back in the water again... Luckily, it's wood over foam, so the impact was fairly isolated...

1990_Oberto_tenth_OUCH_001.jpg

1990_Oberto_tenth_OUCH_002.jpg

1990_Oberto_tenth_OUCH_003.jpg

Latest posts

Back