www.FireFighterBoats.com Big Announcement!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

I have been waiting for this day for nearly 3 years! Also I have a bunch of other new stuff to add on top. Let's save the best for last.

Solinger Mfg. Strut and Rudder Setup:

FireFighter boats has been searching for the perfect .12 rigger hardware for years. Joe Solinger has saved the day with his high quality cnc machined aluminum setup. It is lighter than it looks by a lot. it weighs in at 1.19oz and is very strong. It has a strut that is plenty long for the FireFighter .12's unlike other similar looking units. This is what you want for your next .12 size boat.

Salisbury Power Pipes:

We are proud to be able to sell Salisbury carbon fiber tuned pipes. I have been using one on my FireFighter for a whole season now and it has never been better.

PHM Cowl:

Power House Marine has stepped up to make very nice fiberglass cowls for our boats. If you want a fancy cowl for your FireFighter then this is the one.

[SIZE=14pt]The FireFighter .21 is now for sale![/SIZE]

This is the ultimate in .21 outrigger hydroplane design! Many prototypes and countless hours of development were used to create this boat. It is an easy to build design. Many construction methods were tested to find the best balance between ease of construction, light weight and durability. The building instructions are very detailed. They contain 42 photo's and 10 illustrations. If your looking for you first wood boat to build this would be a good choice. This boat will stand up to the abuse of heat racing. If you want to be the first to cross the finish line, this is your boat!

I would like to take a minute to thank my friends that have made this possible. Grimracer, Climate Models, TimD, MikeP, RIGGERMORTISE, JSolinger,

and PHMRacing.

Check out our massively updated web site: [SIZE=14pt]www.FireFighterBoats.com [/SIZE]

Thanks Guys!

Tom Moorehouse

awesom Tom, your hard work is paying off. the FF21 is a great kit i have ordered another on!!!!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tom,

Congrats!!!!! What a Xmas gift for yourself, now the hard work should all be worth it. Best of luck to you in 05!

Paul.

Tom,

I've watched your progress from your very first drawings to this. I know it's been a lot of work but "wow" look at the results! Great addition to the R/C boating world.

Congrats,

Don ;) B)

Dang Tom has it been three years.....Man the time flies, think I still have some of the orig drawings.

Glad to hear ya got it up and running, All the best for 05 Buddy!!!!! ;)

Gene :D

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Tom for letting me be a part of this project. I didn't have to do much - he did all the hard work! It was the first time I'd built a wood boat kit and found it very easy to build and set up.

I really enjoy racing my FF21! I get huge satisfaction from winning races with it.

Tim.

if anyone tried to download the instructions..... you may have found them to be HUGE files.... well I had them converted to .pdf so they are a lot smaller now. Thanks Mike :D

Just downloaded them and had a look see, Nice Job!!!!! ;)

Which reminds me......... :p Remember the FF 21 proto that I was gonna buy, and you decieded to give it one more go, hooked a bouy and tore the heck outa it?????? Yes I NEVER forget :lol: What ya got lay'n around there Bud? Grab yer hip boots boy's Dis might get deep!!!!!

Gener :D

Good news Tom :)

Whew, I wonder if the salisbury pipes can be dyed a more pleasant color? That shade of doodoo brown combined with the shapes sort of looks like a land mine the dog dropped in my backyard :D

Any feedback on the pipes?

They might look like s#1t, but looks are deceiving!

They work extremely well.

The FF12 hardware looks awesome - is there a 21 version in the works??

Clay,

We are looking into ways to color the resin. The resin is very opaque, so even with the black carbon it comes out brown! Not very appealing we know! :blink:

Nitrocrazed racing: Brown is 'The New Black'

i've had good luck with my CF pipes.... except for that one the pond monster got!

what do i have laying around? you looking for a new boat gene? i still have my saw 12 sitting on the shelf!

ve been thinking about a saw .21.... perhaps an enlarged gillmanator or something completely different.

The reports that I am getting back on the SPP pipes, I dont care if they are Lime Green........

:lol: They work VERY well!!!!

Tom what got me think'n was I am dumping a lot of pics off the HDD and ran across Garys Hawk 21 SAW, The one that was SOOOOO different, Something along those lines would be fun to do some "Testing" ;)

Gene :D

TimD said:
The FF12 hardware looks awesome - is there a 21 version in the works??
77532[/snapback]

I've got a few projects in the fire now but when they get cleared up I will start in on the 21 size hardware.

Hey Tom,

Great looking boat you have for Xmas. I like the design but I am wondering how big it is? I have looked and could not find it at all.

Hey Tom looks like X-Mas came early :lol: :lol: The boat looks great did you get the cowl on yet i'd like to see some pics of that bad boy with a lid :D

Congrats &Good luck with the new boat ;)

Back