Intlwaters donation drive idea?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

How about this idea? If we could get some manufacturers and or distributors to donate prizes then we could have a sort of raffle. Every $X.XX whatever size donation buys a chance to win. in return id figure out somehow to get the manufacturers name on top of the main page. Maybe I could get phil to modify the logo a little bit for each donor?

what ya think?

At this point id like to hear from donors for sure to see if it even possible.

thanks

tom

I think it sounds like a great idea. The thing is getting companys to donate may be tricky, but it will be good advertising. If ya need me for anything im here.

Phil ;) B) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I figured out how to give people that donate an extra little avatar! Cool huh?

tom

Tom, I have no idea what it cost to keep this site up but can you give me an idea? is it tens, hundreds or thouands?

Hi Guys!

Tom,

With so many members ready to donate............ will there be any benifit for the board,other than prizes to give, if we " commercialize"?

Does commercial affiliation effect our not for profit status?

Bob the Fool :blink:

Bob, I don't see how this site or the prize donations would make it a For Profit site as all Tom is trying to do is get money a different way to support the site, kind of like boat clubs getting donations for raffles or door prizes. Being a donor with merchandise would be instead of sending money but would accomplish the same goal.

Hey, better than the decals that I didn't get! :D

2004 Int'l Waters Community Supporter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys!

........I don't think accepting mercnandise in trade for advertisement could be consideded "for profit". It's just that I remember some consern about that last year.

I didn't get my stickers either :(

Did anyone??

Bob the Fool :blink:

..........also a 2004 Intlwaters Sponsor

Hey Tom,

Count me in for a prize donation. Let me know when and where if this materalizes.

Mark Hopper/HTB Boats

Back