Not a good day at the pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kensill

Today was my worst nightmare come true while testing for the IMPBA Internats in Charleston. First,I got my 21 tunnel put back together,with a brand new $245.00 piston/sleeve and rod. Ran about a full tank at half throttle/rich and then squeezed it coming down the front straightaway. Just as it staged on the pipe,the motor locked up. $245.00 down the drain! Next up was my wife's B sport tunnel. Brrand new piston/sleeve,and then,you guessed it, kaboom! A bearing let go and took a long trip through the motor. More scrap for the pile. Last but not least, my Novarossi .46 decided that there was not enough air coming into the crankcase,so it split wide open to allow the additional air an entrance. I can't wait to see what happens at the race. DSC00395.JPGDSC00397.JPG

It was sad to see a grown man at the point of tears. He truly brought the demons with him today. I have had days like this before but I did not toast 3 engines in the process. He has a repair plan in place and I hope he gets it done and flies at the Internats next weekend.

Thats a true shame Mr. Kensil.

Sorry to hear about all that.

Hope you can get it all back in working order.

- Brandon

Bob,

sorry to hear that you blew so many engines in such a short time.

It takes time and money to replace or repair, but IT CAN BE DONE.

Happy boating

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your bad day. Just leftovers from the WTC, thats all. If there is anything I have that you need let me know and I will box it up and send it to you, ok? Hang in there. Better days ahead for sure...... ;)

Ya that sucks,My luck sounds about thesame as of late.Lots of $ down the drain as of late too.Im buildig a back lash to see if gas will be better to me,Good luck to you man.

Ive got a 1/2 way broken in 46 you could use if you need it ,but let me know Ill get it out MON.

Dick Loeb

Mark Bullard can show you a pic of a BAD DAY !! Saturday.. he stufffed his Twin and brought back 12-14 pieces. I was driving another boat from the concrete pad and had to duck to keep from gettting hit by the flying tanks, boat parts, sponsons, radio parts. Maybe he will post a pic??? it was 100% FUBAR.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob you will get it fixed we have the best boaters here willing to help.. i blew 2 RS101's in one day thats pretty bad also..

I would like to appologize to Mr Otto for making anyone think that the fuel was to blame. I was pointing out that I was running a higher oil content and still blew the engines....the fuel was not to blame! None of the failures were fuel related. Sorry John,I hopes this clears up any confusion.

Here are a couple of pics of the case after I took it apart. I was very lucky not to lose the crank.Thanks to Glenn Quarles for getting the parts to me in time!DSC00399.JPGDSC00400.JPG

Back