2011 Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomCC

The Orlando Culvert Dodgers

are proud to present the

30th Annual

Orlando Winter Nationals

January 27-30, 2011

OCD is really excited about the 2011 Winter Nats as this will be the 30th anniversary of this great event. We are also excited about the changes of this race. It is going to be an IMPBA sanctioned event with four days of action packed racing. We will be running a Gas and Nitro (legal mono's only) OPEN Marathon with 3 days of qualifiers and the top 2 finishers of each going into the main event on Sunday. We will also have a Twin Shootout between the top 2 nitro and top 2 gas riggers. We will be taking

On-line entries available now through rcRacingEvents

The race will be held at Lake Grew in Polk City

The classes offered will be:

Sport B Tunnel

B Tunnel

D Tunnel

B Mono

D Mono

E Mono

F Mono

B Hydro

D Hydro

E Hydro

F Hydro

Twin Nitro Rigger

Sport 40

1/8 Scale Hydro

Nitro RTR

OPEN Offshore (Gas, Nitro, FE's)

LSG 20-30 Mono

LSG 20-30 Cat

LSG 20-30 Sport Hydro

LSG 20-30 Rigger

Gas Crackerbox

Jersey Skiff

Classic Thunderboat

Gas Tunnel

Gas Twin Rigger

OPEN Marathon (Mono's only)

P Mono

P Limited Hydro (Rigger)

P Limited Sport Hydro

P Limited OB Tunnel

Hotel information is up on our website www.orlandoculvertdodgers.com

Attachments

• ski lake.jpg
    ski lake.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope not having "D tunnel" on the list was just an oversight. IMPBA???? Distric 3 points race? Inquiring minds want to know? Gotta be some drama here somewhere. Like the race site, tighten up your cornering.

Mic

Well here it is. If you got a fast boat bring it. With 400' straightaways will have plenty of room to show what you got and plenty of room in the corners to find your spot. With IMPBA there will be no problems with what eng you got "Run what you brung" So prop-em up and lets see what you have! B)

David

I put this reply on Jim's Boat Dock and figured I would go ahead a post it here so inquiring minds would know why we went IMPBA

First off OCD would like to apologize to all the members of NAMBA District III but after several plus weeks of e-mails and phone conversations the District III Director and District III BOD gave us no choice but to hold the 2011 Winter Nats as an IMPBA event.

Going back to our District III meeting on May 15th 2010 our DD stated that the Winter Nats would be held on the second weekend of January. Our club president at the time did not address the OCD members on this issue and ok’ed it. Having the race on this date would mean that all OCD members would be working setting up a race facility on NEW YEARS DAY. As most everyone knows OCD does not have a permanent race site. We are not as fortunate as most of the clubs in Florida that are affiliated with state parks that can leave their race site up year round and only have to go out and do minor work before they hold a race. We have to lease a lake for our events then we have to build a drivers stand, build a CD tower, put up all the safety fence, survey and lay out a legal course, sink sub buoys and set up the course, set up audio equipment, etc. For those of you that know what it takes to do all this work know exactly what I’m talking about. This is way too much work to do in one weekend and in fact we usually take two weekends before the race to set it up. After talking with some of the senior members of our club it was brought to my attention that this race has been planned and held between the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl game for years. This has never been a problem with District III in the past but now all of a sudden we have a new DD and it is a problem, go figure?

As I stated above I sent several e-mails to our DD giving him ample reasons why we wanted the date we requested and he came back and said that he would move the race to the third weekend which still would not allow us enough time to prepare the race site and also put the race in the middle of the playoffs. I exhausted all avenues to avoid this and in a last attempt called our DD and left a message for him to call me back to discuss this and of course he did not return my phone call.

I quote our District Director at the start of the meeting back on May 15th

"We are here to promote our hobby, have fun and race r/c boats"

It doesn’t sound that way to me.

What do you think?

Wayne sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Thanks in advance for your efforts as sometimes people forget this is a HOBBY and that is supposed to be FUN. B)

Wayne sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Thanks in advance for your efforts as sometimes people forget this is a HOBBY and that is supposed to be FUN. B)
Unfortunately not all the information is being put out by Mr. Farrow. It appears that it is either Waynes' way or the highway.

Its toy boat racing, politics DO NOT BELONG! Enjoyment DOES!

Last edited:
Unfortunately not all the information is being put out by Mr. Farrow. It appears that it is either Waynes' way or the highway.
And may we have your side of the story?

Everyone in D3 and around the globe knows when the Winter Nats are held! Its been that way for ions!

Mr. Zeller....I saved all the e-mails. Would you like for me to post them up for everyone to see???

I for one would vote to see OCD seperate from D3 NAMBA and go back to D3 IMPBA. Nothing against NAMBA as an organization but down here right now what we have seems to be their way or the highway. So down the road we go!

Last edited:
Oh and by the way Mr. Zeller This was the clubs decision. I'm just the messanger. Our club is a democracy where the people make the decisions unlike the communist way dist 3 is being run.

I was trying to be civil about this as you noticed I didn't use any names in our explanation of going this route. If you want to push the issue, go ahead. I have a pair and you know I will use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back