MarkF

Zipkits Outboard Rigger

On 1/1/2019 at 1:27 PM, MarkF said:

My bracket is up higher than the ski is so should be ok. I can take a little more off the bracket though and get it a little higher up. I'm not going to put to much more effort into my lower since Rod is going to make me a K&B setup.  All this outboard stuff is making me want to get another tunnel. My last one was a Bandit tunnel and ran off of 12 nicads and an Aveox motor.  

Mark

Mark,

You definitely need to get that bracket up at least 1/2" above the bottom of the ski to keep it from affecting any performance on how it runs. Look at Mic's. Thats the idea. I have never run it on the port side like you and Mic. Mine has always been on the starboard side (right). Be ready to turn your steering rates WAY down as it will not take much to zip (no pun intended..;)) it right through the corners once you get it done. keep us updated.

I know the bracket looks low but it's not. I took another 3/16 off the bracket but it was always above the ski. I also took off a good  1/8 off the bottom of the lower unit when I cut it down to get rid of the front bullet. It's as low as it will go and I couldn't go this low before (it hit the set up board)  I cut the bottom of the lower off. So it looks a little high in the pic. 

Rigger 6.jpg

Edited by MarkF

You are correct, cavitation plates serve no function, other than holding your water pickup or a place to mount a tune pipe bracket.

Mic

I've had a few people ask me how I did my setup. Here it is. I wish the center section was a little longer so i could have put my battery there. 

rigger 7.jpg

Edited by MarkF

Before i built  this boat i called and asked if he had an FE version and he didn't. Glad to hear that he does now. Has anyone built the new FE version?  There are a lot of people out there with lower units that good easily build this boat. Joe needs to advertise he has these. 

I do not run the FE I have built them for others. I did run the nitro . I have built them all with the ski. Every one has been happy that boat is the best riding boat rite out of the box of all of them. I wouldn't even consider no ski. Do what Rod tells you and use that K&B lower and with your set up I think you will be more than happy it should be very fast