Castle speed controls-Good price

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael winter

No association whatsoever, but Tower Hobbies has Castle Hydra Ice 200a/50v scu's for $235.00. Kinda irritates me as i just paid them 270.00 for one:) Seems the price goes down every other day. Don't know how many they have left, but I ordered another at this price. The 240s are still 339.00

Michael

That's a heck of a deal. Even $270 is a good price for that ESC. Their list price is the same as the Ice 240. I can usually pick up a Ice 240 for about $290 if I do some searching on the net.

Tower coupon for over $200 purchase takes another $25 off. Heckova deal. Hope this is a pricing trend and not a discontinuation.

Mic

those are pretty good prices.

I see that they (CC) have discontinued the older (if you will) Hydra line of esc's.

Castle seems to be discontinuing the whole ICE lineup, so no surprise the prices are dropping. The ICE is no longer offered as an aircraft controller, the EDGE is the new platform name. Hope the EDGE is as good as or better than the ICE was.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they discontinue the Ice line I will stick to the SF that Works as good as Castle.Gill

I talked to the Castle Guy at The Toledo Show - he led me to believe, that because they were warranting so many of the marine ESC's, that they were considering dropping the line... He didn't specificly say it, but implied it. I told him it was a good product. He stated that they ' fix ' - like 6 times more marine esc's then all of their other lines combined....

I talked to the Castle Guy at The Toledo Show - he led me to believe, that because they were warranting so many of the marine ESC's, that they were considering dropping the line... He didn't specificly say it, but implied it. I told him it was a good product. He stated that they ' fix ' - like 6 times more marine esc's then all of their other lines combined....
If they would learn from Schulze and add a second set of driver fets it would go a Looong way for their reliability.

Castle told me the exact same story over six years ago. It is a wonder any company sells boat ESCs at a competitive price, they all have reliability problems - the marine environment and loading is far harsher than air or land applications. Apparently Patrick (the owner) wants to continue to support boats even at a lower profit margin. Good for him!

Back