Needed to 2 hornet ( tunnel) cowl's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane,

Not a lot of action on Hornet cowls. I have one I converted to FE and needed more room under the cowl so I adapted a Dumas 45 size cowl. Actually fits pretty well. Just a thought. Your welcome to borrow the original cowl I have but it isnt in great shape. I need it if I want to make a FE cowl for the Hornet down the road. For now the Dumas are cheaper than making a mold.

Mic

DSCN2240.JPGDSCN2241.JPGDSCN2242.JPG

To be honest I do not have enough experience with the Hornet to say either way. In our limited testing I do not see the cowl making any performance difference. Because of the nose profile I would think it has a bit more downforce. I do not feel we lost anything in Aero drag. It really was done to accomodate an FE radio box which the standard cowl did not work with. The boat handles very well and corners on rails with Fe power.

Mic

Shane,

If you recall my former 20 mod boat, the white and green HTB, it had a Dumas 40 cowl on it and not the HTB one. It gave me more room under the cowl and ran very well with no issues at all. It would be a very good alternative for a Hornet cowl that is not available.

John

Back