OLD SKOOL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

I FOUND THIS OLD PICTURE AS IM PACKING TO MOVE BACK TO VEGAS. THIS WAS MY FIRST MODEL BOAT IT WAS A 2ND GENERATION MAGIC HULL WITH A WATERCOOLED 3.5 K/B OUTBOARD. I RACED THIS BOAT IN A OUTBOARD MONO CLASS. 1983

shanes first boat.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You two are just a couple of young whipper snappers then. I was a high school graduate, through "boot camp", Avionics "A" School and at my first duty station at NAS Whidbey Island working on EA-6B Prowlers by the time that picture was taken.

That was one of the best running Outboard Monos. Judi Hazlewood won the 1983 NAMBA Nationals racing a pink version of that hull. She also won that class at the NAMBA Nats in 1986, 1987, 1992, and her son, Clayton won it in 1996.

JD

yup i remember the boat she used to run. i also remember her white 1 st gen magic with the red flowers on it. those first gens i think were better boats but they looked like a bath tub. lol

That was one of the best running Outboard Monos. Judi Hazlewood won the 1983 NAMBA Nationals racing a pink version of that hull. She also won that class at the NAMBA Nats in 1986, 1987, 1992, and her son, Clayton won it in 1996.

JD
I am impressed by your memory.......Back in those days already women in the lead. Wow.

In that year I was playing around with a Dumas hotshot.

Ronald.

You two are just a couple of young whipper snappers then. I was a high school graduate, through "boot camp", Avionics "A" School and at my first duty station at NAS Whidbey Island working on EA-6B Prowlers by the time that picture was taken.
I prefer grass hoppper!!!!!

I kind of remember you now seeing you at the Nats..Both Judy's Judy Prigley and Judy Hazelwood were fast plus Bev Powers..Fun days....

Shane,

You moving back to Vegas, sorry to hear that man. Now what is funny about that picture is that is was taken in a professional study.........

See you later this week I hope,

Tyler

yah moving back to vegas i got a great job offer when i was done for the lake las vegas race. my wife will be able to keep her job there is an office in vegas and san louis obispo. that picture of me was taken by a professional photographer that was a member of our boat club and he offered all of the members free photos of their boats.i will be at the nationals on the first saturday and sunday. i entered for the last saturday in scale unlimted and classic thunderboat, but i will be moving back that weekend unfortunatly. i built my nitro scale boat just for the nats to.

Rodney and Kevin you two are making me feel old now. I was in 8th grade in 1983 and playing with one of them old square nosed Hot Shots.

Mark

very cool photo, shane! 1983 i was 31 & my son was 5. i was still playing with full scale hot rod river runners.

you guys are making me feel bad. i had a hard enought time turning 40 in may this year oh well its all good :)

you guys are making me feel bad. i had a hard enought time turning 40 in may this year oh well its all good :)
hey shane, don't feel bad, alot of people do not get to make it to your age.we are the about the same age and i think life is only getting better. but man do i miss those days! :rolleyes:

Back