Info on servo's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of 1/8th buggy guys swear by airtronic servos for the price. Although the one wire & conn. is blue" no more weird airtronics plugs" I am sure it plugs in to any Rec. Just doesn't have the fut. extra spade edge. Google reviews on servo you might get some hits.

EDIT

I ses tunlbotr types faster than me.There you go.

Last edited:
Is this Airtronics servo http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYZW9&P=0#tech compatible with a Futaba 3PK FM using FP123/FP153 receivers?

Is this a good quality servo?
Rick,

Yes and Yes. A lot of us run the 94162, whuch is 1 step down in torque, and they work very well with 3pk. I run it on the 113ip without any trouble.

Randy
Oh! You Brandon Boyz jus' got it GOIN ON!! ;) :) :D (Thanks for not makin a liar outta me Randy! :p )

Rick, question, any reason you want to run a digital servo with your radio. Is this for your scale steering????
unsure.gif

Rick, question, any reason you want to run a digital servo with your radio. Is this for your scale steering????
unsure.gif

A couple of us at the local pond like the old analog 200 oz airtronics servos but they have quit making them:(.

Glenn

unsure.gif
Ray,

Yes, it's for the scale.

Only reason I'm looking at digital, is it seems to be the only thing that has MORE torque than what I'm presently using (3305)

Don has suggested the 9405, I guess the coreless makes it a "cleaner, more true" torque value?

What are you suggesting?

I have a question regarding Digital Servos..

Do they continuously ask for more power at idle than the traditional servos? I have been told they suck a LOT more power.

Norm Doerr

Rick,

I use the 3305 in my scale but it would not hurt to have more. Truth is if I update it will be to the Futaba S9156 Digital High-Torque Air Servo.

Here is a link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRAX0&P=ML

They do indeed use more power at center and remember any slop in center and you can damage the servo.. linkage needs to be slop free.

I use 1100 mah Life packs so a full weekend of racing (4 test sessions and 5 rounds = about 450mah.. on the 3305.. i suspect I would still be good with the 9156 but would test it anyway.

Good racing with ya.. your a great competitor

Grim

unsure.gif
Ray,

Yes, it's for the scale.

Only reason I'm looking at digital, is it seems to be the only thing that has MORE torque than what I'm presently using (3305)

Don has suggested the 9405, I guess the coreless makes it a "cleaner, more true" torque value?

What are you suggesting?
Don, beat me too it, S9405, and hook up with Dick Tyndall for a fin.
wink.gif
==={}

Mike, Thanks for the compliment.

That was a fun round 3,,,, I can't be given em up like that though!!!!!

We had a great weekend, Even though we didn't race worth a dang. I am looking forward to next year,,, Might have to come to more than one race @ E-Ville

Ray,, Gotit!!!!! Have a "Dick Fin" coming from Otto. Still undecided on the servo.

Remember with a full body hydro its the fin that does more work then the servo.. when the fin is right you really don’t need that much servo.

I have raced my sport 40s (45in.oz or so) on standard servos and they worked great..

But.. Now that I run for Futaba I typically put in more then I really need.

We (little Red head and I) typically make all three of the Eville races.. hope you can make more!

Grim

Back