POR-15 rust prevention product really helps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

’69 Dame

Guys:

I have become a real fan of the POR-15 product line based upon my experience rebuilding a 1949 Plymouth gas tank which, I believed, was beyond hope. Thanks to POR-15, it turned out great!

The middle stage of the process involves a reusable rust remover and inhibitor called Metal Ready. This stuff is amazing in its ability to remove and totally prevent rust. A couple of weeks ago, I treated the parts of my CMB which have considerable iron content with Metal Ready to prevent that surface rust that happens to the crank end and the intake rotor. I just can’t be comfortable with even surface rust in my engines. Of course I raced this weekend and afterwards, I filled the motor with Deep Creep, an engine fogging oil. But Monday, I went into the hospital overnight and did not get to tear the engine apart. Today, Wednesday, I finally broke it down to get everything cleaned out. Normally, I could expect to see some signs of surface rusting- especially inside the rotor drum- but I found none. The motor was immaculate inside. Treating the crank and rotor seemed to have no effect on the running or power output at all.

I think this stuff is the real deal. Perhaps you know of other, better products, but I cannot see how one could improve upon this outcome. This morning I pulled my cable (brand new before this last race) and discovered that when I degreased and cleaned it, I was already getting some red-brown crap coming out of the center. So I took a piece of 1/2 inch brass tube, dropped the cable in, taped it up to seal things, and filled it with Metal Ready. That sucker is done with rusting!

Just a heads up. This is really good stuff. You ought to give it a try.

Marc

www.POR15.com

never thought about it in nitro motors, but i swear by it for restoration projects on my old mopars. their products are excellent, and work as advertised. thanx for the new uses ;) .

never thought about it in nitro motors, but i swear by it for restoration projects on my old mopars. their products are excellent, and work as advertised. thanx for the new uses ;) .
I use that stuff alot on restoreation projects!! Love the stuff. Also use Pro 15 gas tank sealer on the boat motor compartment just incase if the tank lets lose. had that happend to me and eat the paint and glass at the transom. :eek:

I use that stuff alot on restoreation projects!! Love the stuff. Also use Pro 15 gas tank sealer on the boat motor compartment just incase if the tank lets lose. had that happend to me and eat the paint and glass at the transom. :eek:
I know this is not boat related-another good use for POR-15 is wrought iron railings around porches/decks. Topped with a coat of anything that is U.V. resistant. Glenn

Back