• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Novarossi Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter Walton

Boat coming this weekend, race next month, need to get working, I am going to buy the 35+ Motor or the 7port, both the same as far as conversion I'm guessing.

Boat coming this weekend, race next month, need to get working, I am going to buy the 35+ Motor or the 7port, both the same as far as conversion I'm guessing.

Be careful. There are a lot of different versions as far as crank timing and sizes out there. I would speak with Mark Leyde, "lights" on IW, about what to look for. I think he has more coming later this year but that wont help you now, but neither will the wrong kit. Let me know if you have success as this is the route I am leaning as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baxter, It depends on what 35+ that you buy. Some have a 14.5mm crank some have the 14.0mm crank.

Mark

Mark,

I just sent you a PM. Whats the status of your next shipment of Novarossi outboard conversion kits?

Baxter, It depends on what 35+ that you buy. Some have a 14.5mm crank some have the 14.0mm crank.

Mark
Mark I am going to buy the 14.5mm
There are MANY more 14mm conversion sets out there and much fewer 14.5mm sets. Think about getting parts in the future. You will have greater luck with the 14mm ones.

Another bonus if you go with the 14 is that you do not have to buy the $65 large bearing. That does not include the small bearing. Crazy pricing on a bearing specificallty built for that motor.

Mike

Another bonus if you go with the 14 is that you do not have to buy the $65 large bearing. That does not include the small bearing. Crazy pricing on a bearing specificallty built for that motor.

Mike
Mike, I don't remember the exact price on the big bearing for the 14.5 mm cranks (I'm at work right now), but it is not close to $65! It is only a couple of dollars more than the 14mm bearings. Now the car guys may charge that much, but not me.

Glenn

I would be willing to bet Aaron's is the real deal with a 14.5 mm crank but you would have to ask him. Aaron is the Nova distributor in Australia.

Yes Aaron is running the 14.5 and I think he got the conversion from Lights. I do not know of any other 14.5 mm conversions ever made.

I guess he was using a 14mm crank...I stand corrected.

GQ

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike
Mike, I don't remember the exact price on the big bearing for the 14.5 mm cranks (I'm at work right now), but it is not close to $65! It is only a couple of dollars more than the 14mm bearings. Now the car guys may charge that much, but not me.

Glenn
Well thats is good to know.

Mike

geeeze the 14mm crank goes hard enough guys ;) ...in the videos of Aarons motor on my boat it is only a 14mm Lights conversion....

Mike

Glenn
Well thats is good to know.

Mike
Yeah Mike, I just got home and checked my price on them, they are $37.

Now the ceramic 14.5 bearings...that is ANOTHER story! Crazy!

GQ

Back