• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB--Brass Shear Bolts/nuts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I find them?
I had a hard time finding them locally...but did finally find some brass 4-40 screws. I think (???) that is what was in my speedmaster rudder, that I use on my .45 mono, when I got it. It sheered just going over a bouy, so I guess it is "weak" enough to be a good shear pin. I am still waiting on them to get the lock nuts in, so I have been using a small piece of fuel line to keep the screw in place (in place of the nut). I had to buy them in bags of 100 to get them. So if you think it will suite your needs, shoot me a PM and I can get a couple out to you in the mail (nuts are suppoesed to come in today, or you can just use the fuel line idea).

Sean

I get mine from here.

I get most of my hobby fasteners from these guys. Good prices and fast delivery.

As a side note, I started using nylon shear screws in my small boats to make it easier to shear after a nasty accident with my 20 hydro.

Regards,

-Buck-

HOME DEPOT or LOWES also caries them if you look in the fastner section they have drawers that have Brass fastners. Some of the Gas Boat supliers are also selling them C&C Engines sells 5 for $2.95 GAS RC Parts has 20 for $5.95 Home depot and Lowes are much cheaper.

Back