• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB- Amps/ International Hobbies boats, motors, parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so everyone knows. I am probably passing on the dumas boat above. Unless the seller would split it up. Maybe someone on here needs the hull??? Mike

If anyone has the following rc boat laying around, let me know. It was an International hobbies boat, call the Starcraft CPS-20. It was also another full size real boat. I saw the full size last weekend while out in the Pamlico river in Washington, NC. First one I have ever seen in person, and I love it. One day, I am going to get the full size hull! Attached is a pic of the rc version as well (its the one with the Johnson engine on the back if you cannot tell!). I have one already, but its in very poor shape. Some of you might recognize this boat from a James Bond movie. I cannot remember which movie, but it was there! I wanted to get better pics, but once he hit what was probably around 75mph, the Carolina Skiff I was in was way outmatched! haha

ampsstarcraft_zpsa0027809.jpg

20140412_153737_zpsab675a71.jpg

20140412_153728_zps2fdbecdc.jpg

20140412_153733_zps3e5743e7.jpg

20140412_153734_zps76cd1c91.jpg

20140412_153739_zpsa6993a3c.jpg

In search of Amps Outboards and amps outboard parts right now. I really need some of the trim-able outboard brackets if anyone has any laying around by chance. thanks, Mike

I am also in need of (3) K&B 3.5cc style lower units, complete.

I would like the standard, non cut version, but if someone has all 3 that are the SS/ cut for pipe style I will take those as well. PM me what you have. Thanks, Mike

Mike I sent you a reply on the 3.5 outboards in the thread. Cheers Jay. Im also looking for an AMPS scale gas outboard. with the exhaust through the top of the trim plate like the real ones. Ive been searching for near on 3 years.

Jay, You would be extremely lucky to find one. Only 6 were build, and 10 of the TMP-AMPS gas tunnels. However, the good news...I am friends with the current owner of the AMPS name, and licensing rights, and he just happens to have the gas outboard molds. We are hoping, when we get the time, to make the outboard again, and as soon as I get the hull plugs from him, I am going to repair them, and make new molds. The plugs were damaged when someone else tried making molds a couple years ago. Once this is all done, we hope to reintroduce this boat and I suspect a lot of collectors will have some interest!

Here is something I just finished up as I figured I would never find an original..the Suzuki .46 outboard cowlings. I ended up making a plug from solid wood, and making molds. Here is the finished product! Enjoy, Mike

20140211_062916Medium_zps7f036792.jpg

20140524_003802Medium_zps8ddba2e5.jpg

20140520_063806Medium_zps2f32e716.jpg

20140531_151136_zps37108f57.jpg

20140531_151143_zps9a141f08.jpg

Mike I sent you a reply on the 3.5 outboards in the thread. Cheers Jay. Im also looking for an AMPS scale gas outboard. with the exhaust through the top of the trim plate like the real ones. Ive been searching for near on 3 years.

Hey Mike how much for a couple of those cowls? And can you get them in the mercury 2.5L livery? I would mind putting a cowl on the back of my avatar tunnel.

Jay, While the Suzuki version I made myself from scratch and could sell, I doubt it would be very popular, so probably not worth the hassle. Some of the Johnson, Merc, Mariner, Evinrude, Yamaha etc, etc, are cowlings that I produced from molds I made off of original AMPS outboard parts and the decals I drew up myself. While I am friends with the current owner of AMPS who has all the licensing rights to offer any decals needed, we have not really finished an agreement for me to make and sell these. I hope in the near future, that will happen, and the gas outboard and gas tunnel will happen. Until that time, I am not going to offer any of these for sale. I respect his decision, and do this only for my personal use. Sorry! Mike

Mike I haven't heard much from you lately. how did you go with getting the AMPS Molds back underway?

Unfortunately, the current licencing owner just doesnt want to pursue it, so all I can do is stuff for myself, which I have done, but there sure would be a demand for some of this stuff becoming available!

Jay

What do you mean about the exhaust through the top of the trim plate on the amps outboard? any pix?

Bob newbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Back