WOW -What a night

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

So I was up a little late building and went out to the truck for a clamp- Nice night BTW :) and about that time some drunk comes around the corner and smashes into the neighbors car- okay this is screwed up :eek: .

I see the guy hit reverse like he is just gonna leave- sorry but that's NOT happening on my watch- SO , I run over and confront the guy before he tries to bail and he is TOASTED drunk-

Talk him out of the car and the wife has the law OTW by now- all is good right ??

NOT . A few more neighbors make it out by now and me and the Security guy seem to have him handled and calmed down- he admits he F'd up -right up until he decides he is gonna get in the truck and leave , Somewhere along the lines of us trying to keep him from leaving and out of his truck- he punches the 68 yr old security guy in the chops - I'm pretty sure thats where I had him wrapped up and on the ground before the old man knew he got punched-but- that was only the beginning. Thank the lord he had no weapons and several larger than me neighbors piled on after he has down. The really SAD part is - it took over 10 mins for the cops to show - and we literally wrestled this guy the entire time- even with 3 guys on his back - he **** near got out a few times. Cops finally got there- in a could care less way and asked us to move his arms so he could cuff him / then cleaned him up an hauled him off.Guess they didn't want a little blood in his mug shot. :rolleyes:

SO - this brings me to the side of this guy was HOPEFULLY too drunk to remember he said he -"was going to come back and cut my F-N head off" - and a few other choice ones. It was all I could do to NOT to hurt him right then and there SIMPLY to remove the idea from his head. And YES I made sure his threats where in the report.

I guess what it comes down to is , I question my involvement - Would YOU have just -

LET IT GO -

I Couldnt...............

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know.. He could have made it down the street in his car and killed some one... I think you did the right thing by stopping him Andy.

You did the right thing but you should know by now Andy how long it take cops to get there in your city, like you said they might get dirty Robert

Norm! Don't give him any ideas, we know where he lives same apt complex. It was a really sad situation in many ways and I'm glad he could be stopped before he killed someone. I was on the phone with dispatch through most of it and later we watched them haul him off. To much excitement for me at 2 or 3 AM.

I say Good on ya, Mr. Greene! IMO you definitely did the right thing. I'm actually amazed your neighbors offered to help you. Most people would just watch you get beat up. As for the cops response time, reminds of the famous quote "When seconds count the police are minutes away". After all, it's hard to break away from a free cup of coffee at the stop-n-go and book a drunk driver.

Last edited:
So YOU are the SOB that called the Law on me............

LOL J/K. Good job Deputy Andy

No you definitely did the right thing. That's one of the biggest problems these days, too many people have stopped caring.

Hey wait a minute.............

You told ME just the other day " I " was absolutly nuts :eek: :p :p

I don't know , I never thought about it- I just reacted. Would I do it again? I guess no one can answer that till its in your face. I would certainly do SOMETHING - just not sure about taking someone down like that , those that know me know, I aint the biggest guy around :lol: Hate it for the security guy that he got wacked, but I'm GLAD he didn't try and hit me ^_^

Andy

Hey wait a minute.............

You told ME just the other day " I " was absolutly nuts :eek: :p :p

I don't know , I never thought about it- I just reacted. Would I do it again? I guess no one can answer that till its in your face. I would certainly do SOMETHING - just not sure about taking someone down like that , those that know me know, I aint the biggest guy around :lol: Hate it for the security guy that he got wacked, but I'm GLAD he didn't try and hit me ^_^

Andy
Andy, i just gotta tell ya this story....When my son Matt was about 10 he and i took karate classes together. There was also a friend of mine who was in the class who was almost EXACTLY the same size as you....at the end of the class we would spar, and this guy would POP me and POP me so many times that i was stinging so bad, i would lose my temper and start chasing him aound the DOJO like a MADMAN, and he would be laughing his AZZ off at me the whole time!! :D See, i lost control and he didnt....i would also mention that the VERY FEW scraps i was ever in (not much of macho guy i guess) that involved someone smaller than me, win or lose, i NEVER came out unscathed!! :rolleyes: Size might be a good thing to a point, but being smart and quick can lessen the advantage of size.......QUICKLY! :)

Andy look at it this way the bigger they are the harder they fall, you did right cops were probably at Dunkin Donuts Robert

I think that you personally did the right thing. First line of defence or action is from citizens when they see something which is not right. We as civilians should act were we can.

Cops cannot be everywhere....

In the Netherlands ie you cannot act like that, you will be sewed by the "criminal".....too bad. Thats why the dutch people will look away in 99% of the cases......

So the legal part of your country should be right too, and **** thats the case in the USA.

very much the right thing.. The problem is when some d_ck wad lawyer gets wind of this.. If that happens,.. kick the lawyers _ss too!

There are some heavy duty laws in Fla for assaulting a senior citizen- exactly what he did when he hit the old man- I made a citizens arrest at best, by initiating his restraint-AFTER HE HIT HE OLD MAN - nothing more- and had plenty of help within moments due to his irrational behavior, the officers (4) all agreed WE did the right thing.

Andy

Back