White weather

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Perdue

So far this morning, Friday, January 12, we have had freezing rain turning to about 1 1/2 inches of ice and sleet. Then that is topped with about 4 inches of lovely white snow.....
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In Cincy, it's raining, about to turn to freezing rain with that nasty white stuff coming in later tonight. They are projecting 5" - 15" fluffy by tomorrow.. Time will tell.

Had enough of this back in the 70's growing up.

It was in the mid 60's yesterday. If it wasn't raining then, might have gone for a ride.

80 degrees & blue skies here in Los Angeles area today. Still clearing massive mud-slides 90 minutes away, up north, in Santa Barbara area (Montecito). 30 mile section of coastal Hwy 101 still shut-down, totally overcome by rain & mud. Can't ever remember that large of a section of highway closed.

Jan2018_MudSlides-SantaBarabra&Montecito_11.jpg

That's what rain gear is for.
And the way people drive around here in dry weather is a concern, add rain to that and heck no!

Think we got maybe 1" of this white stuff...
I've seen how people drive in Indy and Cincy, they're worse that Seattle. When we were headed east, it took us over an hour to go a mile due to several accidents on the freeway in downtown Indy. I'd hate to see what it's like with a little "white" on the ground

Yea, I saw how people drive in Seatle (81-82) with less than 1" of snow. It closed the city down. Was laughing all my way to work while still having Michigan plates on!

One thing you forgot, unlike Cincy, Seattle is all hills. Seattle is full of people that have never seen white stuff since many moved here because of Microsoft, Amazon and Boeing.

Hell, I drive around in the snow without chains, studded tires or anything else, just a matter of thinking before acting.

For those that haven't been affected by the cold, don't know if you've seen the latest but there have been 10 fatalities across the south due to snow related accidents. Almost all of them have been due to around an inch of the stuff, hills, lack of experience in winter conditions coupled with lack of snow removal equipment and materials

Back