Which class offeres the best racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess you have to know the history on the class in Batavia.

Batavia ran with the idea that the Amp Eaters started with in the early 90s. It was not for Fiberglass, flex shafted, hot hardware setups. It was started for the person who wanted to buy a boat off the shelf and compete.

Batavia has moved forward on this with updates that local club members agreed with.

Jeff tells me they had 12 racers in 2003, guess it was popular.

I myself agree with the concept of having a class that you can't just take out a Brushless motor and replace it with a 700BB 8.4V. The SS1 Motor, which in several opinions is hotter and therefore not legal as well, I also agree with this.

The SS1 Motor, which in several opinions is hotter and therefore not legal as well, I also agree with this
Ya but then you have to ban the new 8.4 to :-

LOU

Maybe both will be legal in 2004. You would need to ask Jeff this. I am not up on the new 8.4BB motor.

The SS1 Motor, which in several opinions is hotter and therefore not legal as well, I also agree with this
Ya but then you have to ban the new 8.4 to :-

LOU

It may have start with off-the-shelf boats.

I bet it isn't there now. :)

Is there even a true off-the-shelf boat that will compete, even in that class?

The key word is being missed I think.....[SIZE=9pt]Local Club [/SIZE] and club members that have boats.

Bill Enwright comes to mind. Bill races the Mr. Pringles for years, local club member.

It may have start with off-the-shelf boats.

I bet it isn't there now. :)

Is there even a true off-the-shelf boat that will compete, even in that class?

I agree with above...with one difference.

I like the SpecSportPHydro (box boat straight shaft plastic prop)....and I like LSH. Below are some observations:

SSPHydro likes:

-very limited "nascar-like" equipment

-pretty level playing field

SSPHydro dislikes:

-too short, we run these Taifuns at fun runs for 8-10 minutes on 3300 cells....I would like to see the race extended (10 laps or endurance race as run at Mazo)

- would like to see SS1 allowed

*DougR proved at Batavia that close attention to some details (even though not box stock parts) can have a dramatic impact on performance. He ended up about a third of a lap ahead of the rest of the field in a 4 lap race!

LSH likes:

opens up the field for glass hulls and flex shaft

LSH dislikes:

none

:blink:

Back