Where can I get carbon boom tubes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harald1966

Hi.

I need to replace the boom tubes on my Eagle 45 rigger. (Don't ask :) )

Inner dia is approx 0.413 and outer dia is approx 0.484 inches. (10.5 mm and 12.3 mm)

Where can I get stuff like that? I have tried ebay and google, but I can't find the right size.

Harald,

Look for them at ACP Composites, website listed in post # 4 below. That is my source and many other racers too.

Likely you are using the black fiberglass tubes instead of the carbon fiber, which are much more $$$ than the black glass ones.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I need to replace the boom tubes on my Eagle 45 rigger. (Don't ask :) )

Inner dia is approx 0.413 and outer dia is approx 0.484 inches. (10.5 mm and 12.3 mm)

Where can I get stuff like that? I have tried ebay and google, but I can't find the right size.
Try Aerospace Composites, one of my favorite places to shop- http://www.acpsales.com/Tubes-Fiberglass.htmlTU-04B should work well @ .417 i.d.

ACP a.k.a. The Composites Store gets my vote also. They have a booth every year at the Toledo Show so I pick up what I need there.

Thanks guys!

My measures are odd compared to carbon tubes, so yes, maybe its black fibreglass?

I have always had issues trying to find the 5/8 OD that will fit the 1/2OD tube in . THe doubler tube in the middle is just sanded down a bit till it fits and then glue in. Then I ream the outer sides to .511 so the 1/2 OD slides in nicely. Just FYI incase you cant find the right stuff.

I have always had issues trying to find the 5/8 OD that will fit the 1/2OD tube in . THe doubler tube in the middle is just sanded down a bit till it fits and then glue in. Then I ream the outer sides to .511 so the 1/2 OD slides in nicely. Just FYI incase you cant find the right stuff.
mike the 1/2 inch aluminum will slide right in the 5/8 glass tubeing, plus I use the aluminum in my sponson for if I crash and bend the aluminum I can just heat the aluminum tube, pull out and then replace

Yeah been down the aluminum road. Dont really like it. Bent too many and would rather it just break. Then I know for sure. If its bent then the boat handles like crap. But thanks for the suggestion.

Back