• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*SOLD*Q-Hydro SAW Rigger NAMBA Record Holder @122MPH For Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Guys,

I have decided to sell my Q hydro SAW rigger which currently holds the NAMBA record at 122.887 mph. I have another carbon Q SAW rigger and a wood one to build so no need for three. This boat is being sold with everything seen in the pics except the stand.

I designed the boat in Solidworks and laser cut all the parts. The tub was built on a granite table with jig to insure proper angles and straightness. Carbon was inlaid to the inside compartments and particularly around the transom. The hull was sealed with West Marine, sanded and painted with rattle cans. Sponsons are a wood over foam design with G10 ride pads. Carbon tubes in the tub hold the carbon booms with adhesive lined shrink tubing. The sponsons are held in a similar fashion although they have a screw at the end to prevent the sponson from slipping off the end of the boom. The shrink tubing makes it easy to replace a broken boom in minutes with no drilling or hassles.

The hull with fit Neu 15 series motors with no jacket, Neu 14 series with jacket, Castle 15 series with no jacket as well as Lehner 19 series motors with water jacket. The carbon lids will fit motors up to a Neu 1515, beyond that the wood cover is needed for the blister.

What’s included: Hull, Speemaster strut, CMDI Rudder w/SAW knife blade, 3/16" flex shaft w/bushing & drive dog and a Futaba S9450 digital servo for steering.

It includes the set of sponsons on the boat (the ones that hold the record) and another set with different AoA. I will also include a spare set of booms.

The strut and rudder have a Ti backing plate on the inside to prevent crushing the transom. All the screws are Lunsford Titanium. The strut has been bent intentionally to account for prop walk.

A one point the hull had a single rear shoe followed by twin rear skii's. Both have been removed as the boat ran better without them. There are some remnants of the shoe/skiis on the bottom of the hull, but it's not affecting the performance.

There was an ESC fire at one point, so the inside is a little smelly but thanks to the carbon on the inside no structural damage occurred.

The front and rear radio box covers are carbon for small diameter motors and I have a spare set of wood covers with a blister to run larger motors. The wood covers will need repainting.

The front compartment will fit a 5000mAh 6S pack or smaller cells. The esc area will fit most esc's(Castle's, MGM, Kontronik, SW) with the exception of wide esc's like a Schulze 40.160wk.

The paint is in decent shape and serves its purpose to make the boat visible at great lengths. It will not win a concourse, but no one cares when it goes 120mph.

I will be happy to recommend motors/escs/props to the new owner.

I am asking $700 shipped CONUS and am willing to ship overseas at the buyer’s expense.

PM’s with questions are OK, but first to say “I want it” gets dibs.

These pics are of the current state of the rigger.

Youtube of record setting run: http://youtu.be/giTKdP20mI8

Last edited by a moderator:
icon1.png

I will also consider selling this with a 1515 1Y and Turnigy 180 controller. All you need is a 4 or 6 cell battery, a prop and a reciever to go 100mph.

Back