• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale whats a brand new 65 OS max worth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$150-250 range, if you the box and all the accessories maybe a little more to collector.
I think it's a V61 ,,my mistake ,, wondering if they used different sleeves in the same cases on those motors like OPS did with there 67-80 ? I was a OPS / picco fan since I melted a OS case changing the bearings LOL

Last edited:
The OPS 67 and 80 had two totally different cases. You CAN NOT put an 80 p/s in a 67 case without doing a bunch of machine work but you would not be able to copy the 80’s transfer ports and put them in a 67 case, not enough meat there. The bore of an OPS 80 is the same as a OPS 90 but the 80 rod and crank are the same as the 67.

A lot of things between the two engines are the same but again the cases are two completely different animals and so the p/s between the two could not be swapped.

Back in the early 80’s I raced a boat at the big Indy race that had an old OPS engine that was a OPS 65 case with a OPS 90 p/s stuffed into it. This was the beginning of the OPS 80 engine. Something Louis Durand and Bob Murphy were working on. lol, The good old days!

The OPS 67 and 80 had two totally different cases. You CAN NOT put an 80 p/s in a 67 case without doing a bunch of machine work but you would not be able to copy the 80’s transfer ports and put them in a 67 case, not enough meat there. The bore of an OPS 80 is the same as a OPS 90 but the 80 rod and crank are the same as the 67.

A lot of things between the two engines are the same but again the cases are two completely different animals and so the p/s between the two could not be swapped.

Back in the early 80’s I raced a boat at the big Indy race that had an old OPS engine that was a OPS 65 case with a OPS 90 p/s stuffed into it. This was the beginning of the OPS 80 engine. Something Louis Durand and Bob Murphy were working on. lol, The good old days!
it must of been 65 to 67 then , I raced nitro for 15 years,,, lots of water under the bridge for me

Back