What prop for a JAE Gas rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Glass

Hi I have just brought a JAE Gas rigger kit from zippkits and I am a bit confused about what prop to use. In the manual it states a good starting prop is a ABC 2175 but ABC don't even list that prop on there web site, and if you look on the zippkits site they say a ABC 3018 for a RCMK RZ 254 and a 2716 - 2718 for Zen or QD. The 2716 or 2718 seems rite but what makes the RCMK able to swing a much larger prop? and is there any such thing as a ABC 2175?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the 2175 is a 2 blade Octura prop.
Thanks Steve I had a look and it is an octura prop but that has me wondering even more. The 2175 is 75mm dia and 157mm pitch. Dose that prop seem pretty big? Were as the ABC 2718 is only 68mm dia 116mm pitch that a pretty big difference. Would be interesting to no what people are running on there jae gas riggers.

Troy the 2175 is quite a jump in diameter compare to the 68mm ABC 27 series of props.

As with any boat not all props run the same on each hull. I would use these props as a starting point and find which one works best for you.

I personally do not own a JAE gas rigger yet, but I plan on one for a winter build. As more of them get out there the better the testing and info will be.

Did you choose a rear exhaust or side exhaust motor for your build?

I know in the testing phase of the JAE they posted 70MPH runs with a stock RCMK RZ-254 motor! Pretty impressive!

Try 1667 cup 6,9 ..running this prop sucessfully on my gas rigger with the Quickdraw Z25.

Gill

You will find that you need to run a much larger prop on the JAE because of the rear shoe. A 1475 works well, as do some of the other 75mm and a little larger ones. The props that you would run on a boat without the center shoe can't get enough of a bite.

Mike,

We have had some success with a 3014 or 3016 also.

Like you said the 1475 is very user friendly, it just needs

more center of blade pitch. :D

The JAE boats like a lot of propeller.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

That said ... one of the variants of the 1475 is the ABC MW3, Lots of pitch too.

Anyone tried that prop yet ?

Mike,

We have had some success with a 3014 or 3016 also.

Like you said the 1475 is very user friendly, it just needs

more center of blade pitch. :D

The JAE boats like a lot of propeller.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Scott,

We have been testing some 2716/3 and 2718/3 with good performance.

I have some 2720/3 on order, and we think that should be a good

propeller for a RCMK motor. I think the diameter and the three blades

are just about right for this Gas JAE Hydro. We currently are close to

70 MPH and we think the extra pitch should get us closer to 75 MPH which

we feel should be a great heat race set up. We will try the MW3 also, that

has worked real well in the past on some different set ups.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

O.K., different boat, but we run the Octura 2167/3 with 6."8 cup on the current SGX which has no Ski. We also use the 2170 cupped to 7.0" or more.

Again, the engine pulls these props without issue using no center ski. Speeds are commonly 75+ mph and the boat does get around the corner quickly.

I just mention this to illustrate that an Octura 2175 should not be too much prop for a boat with a wide ski like the JAE. Just start with a small cup and work your way up. And yes the extra blade diameter will be needed in the race water to stay hooked up behind that Ski. It's the only way that boat will bust 70mph on race water.

I've got an R-254 that's going into my JAE so when somebody figures out a hot prop, throw me on the list.

As I am running a mod Zenoha the prop I have tried is a 2818 which is balistic fast,just having issues with boat pulling in to course. Waiting for Zipp to come out with fix. Brand new motor and not broken in but already into the 70's and that is with left rudder and rich setting.

Latest posts

Back