what other prop's can you use on a JAE.12?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

Ok I got the stock 1440 from zip,by looking at some post Mark is out of town..wanted to know what other props would work on it??

Misshydro

I have a box full of props that you can try so you don't need to buy any.

I will cost you a arm and a leg.LOL LOL

Dave Roach

That's only an X-440/3 that Joe Petro gave you. I've got a few ready to try on mine to see what works and what doesn't. The 440/3 is a good place to start but you engine can take a lot more. Just with that prop you're going to be squeezing those cheeks together so take it easy and get used to that one first. :D It'll also make it a more driveable boat for now, then when you're ready, pay Dave a visit.

That's only an X-440/3 that Joe Petro gave you. I've got a few ready to try on mine to see what works and what doesn't. The 440/3 is a good place to start but you engine can take a lot more. Just with that prop you're going to be squeezing those cheeks together so take it easy and get used to that one first. :D It'll also make it a more driveable boat for now, then when you're ready, pay Dave a visit.
joe gave me a 440/2=1440

glen was running one of marks 1440 and he was running 59 MPH on heat race trim with a Novarosi .12 in a JAE rigger thats pretty good

Boaters,

Many others that will run well.

X-438,X-440,M-440,40x53,1440,x-442reduced,42x55reduced,etc.

Just to name a few.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Boaters,

Many others that will run well.

X-438,X-440,M-440,40x53,1440,x-442reduced,42x55reduced,etc.

Just to name a few.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
hey Mark, when you say reduced I assume you mean just the diameter and round the points? My 12G is FINALLY about ready to hit the water and interested in what you would recomend for my mod Super Tigre .18 w/ mac pipe and 50% fuel. My boat ended up weighing 2lbs 3oz ready to roll oink

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the .12's pull a 1640 with some texas & back cut done ?

back when i was running .21 nitro, it was my go too fast prop on my sport 20 hydro.

* reason I ask is because the other props you guys are running seem in the same size range when I was not running the mod 1640 :unsure:

joe gave me a 440/2=1440
Nessa,

you are kinda correct,

yes the 440/2 and the 1440 have the same diameter and pitch but they do not have the same type of lift characteristics, the 1440 has more lift than the X440.

Dan.

back when i was running .21 nitro, it was my go too fast prop on my sport 20 hydro.

* reason I ask is because the other props you guys are running seem in the same size range when I was not running the mod 1640 :unsure:
scott if you still have that prop let me know..?.. i'm hoping to have this done by next weekend.

* reason I ask is because the other props you guys are running seem in the same size range when I was not running the mod 1640
unsure.gif
Scott,

I am running a 1640 on mine right now and it is running very well.
wink.gif

Zach

Back