What Other Plugs To Run,Besides O'Donnell's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Costanzo

hey gang,buddy of mine has a MAC .84 in a rigger and cannot get O'Donnell OD 99's.what else can he run that is available for 50-60% nitro. he tried mccoy's and the new one's are crap. thanks,mike.

Mike

I carry the K&B HP 7300 plugs if you think you may need another option. also carry the ODO 289 and the ODO 9

Last edited by a moderator:
OD 289's seem to be breaking the wire down inside the plug body with no signs of distortion or heat . 99's work fine in the same engines . just an FYI . This is a somewhat isolated occurrence and I only run when there is a race so I'm not using a bunch of plugs .

Mike

I carry the K&B HP 7300 plugs if you think you may need another option. also carry the ODO 289 and the ODO 9
hi john,he said he tried them and they were OK. he just told me tonight he is going to get some Rossi plugs and give them a try. i personally love the OD 99's in everything i run from .45-.1.00 motors.i have a stash of them and won't part with them.thanks again,mike.

ODO 289’s have worked very well for me recently. I’ve ran them in 101’s and 90 size motors with good success. I put them up there with the best I’ve ran. Jeff Lutz

Jeff,

I agree the ODO-289's are one of the Best Plugs on the market.

Tom,

If you are cracking plugs down low in the plug body check your crankshaft balance.

We found this to be a problem in the past.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Back