What motor to choose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussieboater

Hi All

Am buying gmorty (Gregs) TS2 and i am wondering what sort of motor to go with

weather i go mac21 or CMB 21 outboard power head with the lawless leg or go OS or

the thunder tiger with a spp pipe i hope this doesnt start a war of words on motors i am just curious

as to what differences you all have

Thanks

Brad

Hi All

Am buying gmorty (Gregs) TS2 and i am wondering what sort of motor to go with

weather i go mac21 or CMB 21 outboard power head with the lawless leg or go OS or

the thunder tiger with a spp pipe i hope this doesnt start a war of words on motors i am just curious

as to what differences you all have

Thanks

Brad

hey brad i got 2 moded os with 10 tanks thorugh it if ya want it pm me laters dion

They are all good engines mate. Im going to use my MAC on my sons new TS2 and I will be running CMBls on my twin 21 and the single 21 well im going to play novarossi on that one. All will need very diferent setups!

But people here know all the info you need whichever your choice. But remember ease of starting, reliability and good spares is the key to a successful and enjoyable trip to the pond!

my 2c

But you must have a SPP pipe to make them all work!! lol

Dave

Brad,

welcome aboard, you have purchased a great boat, one of the best TS2's in the country.

Think carefully about engine selection.

Do you want to race, who are you going to race?

Living in Brisbane, not too many boat racers around, (i think) I would be going for reliability. The thunder tiger that is currently mounted on the boats transom , I believe would be an excellent choice.

Why don't you ask Greg if he is willing to part with it.

Regards

Mark

Hi All

Thanks for your input all very valuble , i want to buy new to start with and no matter what it will have a spp (Dave) pipe on it lol also how relible is the mac and cmb .

As for racers im going to join the gold coast model boat club so i will be able to see who has what and how fast there going i did race about 8 yr ago but had a break due to other commitments.

Thanks

Brad

Back