WHAT DID I JUST BUY!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach wallace

hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I just boat this boat from craigslist. I will be picking it up tomorrow. the guy was very vague about the boat. I use to play around with with the Nitros about 5 years ago. I am somewhat familar with the brands of gas boats. this is what I know about the boat,it is supposedly 36" long and has a Zenoah 26cc Venom engine installed. the guy said he was having issues getting the choke servo set up and got frustrated and decided to sell it. I know what these gas boats go for and I think he just didnt know what he had. his asking price was $300 and I bought the boat for $175 RTR!!!!!!! the engine alone should be worth that! Let me know what you guys think. I would like to know the make of the hull if you can determine that buy the pictures. Seems to be a nice boat. I guess I will find out what I got myself into tomorrow. Any help you can provide about this boat is greatly appreciated.
default_biggrin.png

-Zach

00k0k_5FgG2hL2BOV_600x450.jpg00v0v_6A71IKhxMW6_600x450.jpg00U0U_bBnJtemQ80D_600x450.jpg00505_kcICm7DifHG_50x50c.jpg00x0x_TEyi51HZNy_50x50c.jpg

i hope u get it. i.e its legit.

looks like a 41 sprint cat

few things--hope im not being a buzz kill:-

thing is the guy has no clue what it is. how did he get it?

the engine doesnt have a customized water jacket -doubt its modded (still worth 175 tho)

the hull worth over 350 alone

the pics r REALLY grainy- in this day n age? a $100 phone takes 3mp pics

the last couple pics r tiny (??)

apears all the pics r copies from thumbnails

u have to go get it? didnt wanna ship? or your suggestion?

if u get whats in the pics and its new YOU GOT A HUGE DEAL even if the engine doesnt start lol

wish u luck

i hope u get it. i.e its legit.

looks like a 41 sprint cat

few things--hope im not being a buzz kill:-

thing is the guy has no clue what it is. how did he get it?

the engine doesnt have a customized water jacket -doubt its modded (still worth 175 tho)

the hull worth over 350 alone

the pics r REALLY grainy- in this day n age? a $100 phone takes 3mp pics

the last couple pics r tiny (??)

apears all the pics r copies from thumbnails

u have to go get it? didnt wanna ship? or your suggestion?

if u get whats in the pics and its new YOU GOT A HUGE DEAL even if the engine doesnt start lol

wish u luck
thanks for the quick reply. this guy bought it from a gentleman in florida. The pics are direct copies from his craigslist add. He told me the engine is stock and he wanted to send it off to a guy in Louisianna to get it modded but never ended up doing that. I have spoken with him a few times on the phone and everything seems to be legit. The remote is Spectrum and brand new. The reason he said he is selling it is because he was trying to fix the servo arm to allow the engine to run wide open. He couldnt figure it out and gave up. Im driving to pick it up tommorrow. For a $175 I dont think I can lose!!!! lol. I will have this baby in the water in no time flat...

It looks like everything was taken from a cheap eBay special. Even the hull could be a Chinese clone as it would be nothing new for them to copy other manufacturers hulls.

Venom could be just a name or an engine modified by Venom CC Racing. There is a Venom company that makes boats and did something like 3 different gas boats but has since gone all electric.

Being very wary of the Spektrum radio system. If the receiver doesn't say Marine on it, DO NOT use it!

Toss that velocity stack! In a hull like that the stack can severely restrict air flow.

In Florida you shouldn't need the choke, remove that also or always leave it open. I'm in a lot colder territory than you are and don't use them.

Setting up the throttle is easy once you know how to do it. I set my gas boat carbs the same way I did my nitro engines.

It looks like everything was taken from a cheap eBay special. Even the hull could be a Chinese clone as it would be nothing new for them to copy other manufacturers hulls.

Venom could be just a name or an engine modified by Venom CC Racing. There is a Venom company that makes boats and did something like 3 different gas boats but has since gone all electric.

Being very wary of the Spektrum radio system. If the receiver doesn't say Marine on it, DO NOT use it!

Toss that velocity stack! In a hull like that the stack can severely restrict air flow.

In Florida you shouldn't need the choke, remove that also or always leave it open. I'm in a lot colder territory than you are and don't use them.

Setting up the throttle is easy once you know how to do it. I set my gas boat carbs the same way I did my nitro engines.
the stack? I assume that would be the pipe. I live in Fargo ND so if you can top that as far as cold weather goes I would be impressed!
default_smile.png

The seller told me the engine is a Zenoah Venom 26cc. I googled that engine and it does exist.

No, the velocity stack is that funnel looking thingy on the carb. The problem with them on the Aeromarine Sprint Cat series of hulls is that with the cowl on they just all but choke the carb. Most are useless anyway.

ya ditch the stack.reduces rpm

if u want more performance after u test it u may wanna get rid of the muffler n get ur'self a quickdraw hotpipe- easy bolt on boost

Figured you were into gas or baking powder subs after hanging in the chat room and not saying a word.

It is not anything to do with Zenoah other than it resembles it. Cheap knockoff clone.

The Venom 26cc does exist. It is a Chinese knockoff. They cost $100-$125 brand new.

They are a rebranded QJ engine. Nothing to do with Zenoah.

The engine has been rebranded and sold under a half dozen different new brand names. They wholesale for $50-$60

Don't pay attention to the price that is not how much they sell for. They are out of stock because Venom has not been selling those any longer.

http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Venom_26cc_Marine_Engine_Pull_Start_p/vnpt-gb115.htm

Back