Way off topic - but it really gets ya thinkin'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am so sick of hearing this $h!t. this is an rc boat site and you people are talking about politics. take that crap somewhere else. this crap will go on for months. every one has their opinion.

nitro junky said:
i am so sick of hearing this $h!t. this is an rc boat site and you people are talking about politics. take that crap somewhere else. this crap will go on for months. every one has their opinion.
Then don't read it. Nobody is making you click on this thread, you choose to of your own free will. <_<

Which, by the way, is one of the things that makes this country so great, the right to choose! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don you have very valid points which i agree with. By the way most of my family roots are Portugese and Moore's who migrated from north africa and moved to Portugal and eventually winding up in Rhode Island as endentured servants. WE ALL NEED TO OPEN UP OUR MINDS TO WHAT IS MORALLY RIGHT AND NOT ON POLITICAL LINES!

Still no takers on the enlistment to serve this country, well like I have said time and time before, the right wingers want this war because someone else's kids are fighting it for them and doing a great job I might say under the circumstances, extended tours, nat'l gardsmen who belong at home, but hey start sending some of YOUR kids over there with the draft and the war will change over night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the volunteers to fight such a noble war as in Iraq??????? I have yet to hear from one or meet one in public, its just cheer our boys on and wave the flag for them but don't put me or mine in harms way.

Boy the right of right wing just cannot stand it because Kerry earned his medals, one thing for sure he was good enough for them then and that will not change now.

How about the silver star, and 2 bronze stars too, hey go for it try to take them away too, only problem the men that Kerry saved or helped from harms way have all validated he actions there too. You guys just do not have any old vets to call upon except Colin Powell and Bush keeps him under lock and key with any statements unless he approves them.

Now, there were 11generals, admirals, and etc that endorced Kerry last week. All were combat vets and well versed in the military, each was specific about his abilities to lead the country, that's good enough for me.

Now Dick Chaney there is a quality individual, another Enron croney with Halliburton dollar signs on every smile. That is short lived come November, the screwing of this country by them will stop and poor Dick can return to them in good faith. Yeah Dick Chaney has way too many bought votes behind him to count he needs to go home and rest.

Finally, my vote and the other moderates Will decide this election. Maybe balancing the budget, better relations with other countries to solve the Iraq question, and putting people back to work will return as a priority instead of lining the pockets of the rich. John McCain would never have let this get in such a mess but then as a Moderate ,the country got what they deserved 4 years ago. Would love to see him run again someday, he is the best and most decent man for the job this country has. Lesser of 2 evils and Kerry is the less. We will celebrate the victory in November too Good evening guys and God Bless you and America, I have enjoyed it!!! This has been good even if we did not agree on much. No hard feelings from my end.

Regards Curt

Joe_Knesek said:
I'd like to see who our boys in Iraq vote for. They are really the only ones that have the right to complain about being put in harms way.
I was on a plane with about 8 soldiers going back to Iraq (no i wasnt going there, they were connecting flights :p ) But all of them supported the war and they say its not that bad. But they hate that alcohol is illegal there :wacko: . :lol:

Phil :wacko: -_- :unsure:

crrcboatz said:
Still no takers on the enlistment to serve this country, well like I have said time and time before, the right wingers want this war because someone else's kids are fighting it for them and doing a great job I might say under the circumstances, extended tours, nat'l gardsmen who belong at home, but hey start sending some of YOUR kids over there with the draft and the war will change over night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the Marines would take me back with a prostetic tibia, I'd give up my career and do it with honor.

As with every Knesek that has lived in the USA, my son plans on serving his country when he comes of age.

Curt,

If you really think you can "vote for the man, not the party", then you don't really understand how this game works. You can't vote for the man without voting for the party. The only reason anyone gets to the postion Kerry is in (or Bush for that matter) is because the party wants him there. He is put in place because the party can use him to further the overall agenda.

The grand Democratic agenda is Communism. Call it what you like. Any time you take from the wealthy and give it to the poor, JUST BECAUSE THERE IS THAT DIFFERENCE, it's called communism. Plain and simple............

Personally, I live by the Capitalistic code. I earn and I prosper. Yes, I should be on the recieving end of the Democratic agenda, but I hope to someday be much better off than I am now (as I think most of us do). If the grand Democratic agenda is in full swing, and I ever do manage to work my way to some degree of wealth, then I will have to start sharing my bled-for earnings with those who have not put in their dues, and therefore don't deserve it.

If you really think that the sons and daughters of the wealthy don't enlist, you're living in a fantasy land and really need to wake up. Those in harms way are absolute middle America. Rich, poor, middle class, they are all well represented over there in the Middle East. I know it's useful to the liberal wolfpack to say that this is a rich mans war, or a war for oil. But let's face it, what's going on in Iraq today is no less impactive than what was going on in Europe in the early '40's. The only real difference is that then it was much more well defined than it is today, making it that much more important to do something about it before it gets out of hand (as if it weren't already). And, no, I don't believef Kerry would have done the same thing as Bush did. With his past stance on war, he would have asked the UN to do something, and I think we all know what would have come out of that.

As for Kerry's medals, I'm not trying to take them away. They just don't impress me much. I haven't heard any testimonial, other than that which was endorsed, that would suggest anything short of him sneaking into the cabinet while nobody was looking and stealing them. From what I've read from the guys who actually served with him, first hand, he really should be stripped of all miltary honors, let alone be allowed to brandish them in a campain for the highest office in the US Government.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

I have been restraining myself from entering this fray until now. I want to throw out some information for consideration by all that have an open mind. John Kerry says he is the best candidate for our national defense and security and is backed up by his voting record. Let's take a look:

He voted to KILL the Bradley fighting vehicle, the M-1 Abrams tank, every aircraft carrier with it's keel laid since 1988, the Aegis shipboard defensive system. He also voted to KILL the B-1 and the B-2 aircraft, the Patriot anti-missle system, the FA-18 Hornet aircraft and the F-117 Stealth fighter. He voted to KILL EVERY military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons system since 1988, INCLUDING a bill for body armor for our troops. Think about that one.

Kerry voted to KILL ALL anti-terrorism activities of every government agency. He voted to cut funding for the FBI by 60%, the CIA by 80% and the National Security Agency by 80%. He then voted to increase by 800% the funding to the United Nations.

How is this documented? It is contained in the U.S. Congressional Record - the official record of each elected official. Voting records do not lie, they tell quite a story. But that is not all. Consider this additional information as why our military is over deployed:

709,000 regular active troops

293,000 reserve troops

Eight standing Army divisions

20 Air Force and Navy air wings with 2,000 combat aircraft

232 strategic bombers

19 ballistic missle submarines with 3,114 nuclear warheads

500 ICBM's with 1,950 warheads

Four aircraft carriers and 121 surface combat ships and submarines

What is that significance? All were cuts by the Clinton and Gore administration supported 100% by the voting record of Kerry.

With Kerry we will be equipping our combat troops, what is left of them, by spears, pea shooters, blow guns and knives. Would you want to re-enlist or allow your children to join up. If so, just stand in the line behind those that think like Curt. Kerry should thank the Almighty that he had the equipment to be "only wounded" and not planted 6 feet under.

I vote for the best man in office. However no Democrat in over 20 years has been that to me. We buried most probably our best President in over 100 years barely a month ago - Ronald Reagan. He started out as a Democrat and switched to the Republican party. I would have voted for him no matter what party he hailed from.

Just something to think about while you are bored at work!

John Knight said:
He voted to KILL the Bradley fighting vehicle, the M-1 Abrams tank, every aircraft carrier with it's keel laid since 1988, the Aegis shipboard defensive system.  He also voted to KILL the B-1 and the B-2 aircraft, the Patriot anti-missle system, the FA-18 Hornet aircraft and the F-117 Stealth fighter.  He voted to KILL EVERY military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons system since 1988, INCLUDING a bill for body armor for our troops.  Think about that one.
I can see the recruiting posters now. It would be like an A&F add with a nude male model carrying an E-tool and the slogon would be: "When We Mean Basic Training, We Mean Basic!"

The Marine's would change their adds to: "The Very Few, The Proud, The Marines"

I CANNOt AND WILL NOT BRING MYSELF TO VOTE FOR KERRY. i'm sorry, yes i am a republican, but thats not the reason. the following is.

Kerry wants to implement the South American to North American Free trade agreement. This is just like the North American Free Trade Agreement. If you would like to know why there are not any jobs in america look no further. Clinton made it easier for companies to move thier productions to countries where tehy could pay thier employee's less then minimum wage. you want proof of what i say, go look at the blocks of empty factories in flint. go ask everybody in greenville michigan why Electrolux is moving out. BTW electrolux is one of the biggest employers in that city.

I have over 200 Rejection letters to also back this. I am coming out of College with my certifications, and my Associates Degree in computer networking. I am applying for entry level jobs, and get beat out by people with thier masters degree and 8-10 years of expierence on me. Simply put i can't vote for somebody that wants to make it harder for me to go and get a job. course I don't totally blame clinton, i do say some of it is because of the unions.

I remember growing up and there was a big thing about a little tag or sticker that was on a product. it simply said "Made In America" it saddens me that you cannot find that tag anywhere anymore. the lack of pride about being american will distroy this country. To the day my grandfather died in 96 he looked for that tag. If the product didn't have it on it he would argue with the manager till they gave him a discount off the product. I wish more soo called true blue americans would do this. thanx clinton.. sorry kerry not letting you take this any farther.

Charles sorry, but i don't buy the "Afracan american" bit... I'm German American, but i can't say that and have it make any difference. Iconsider myself American, if you want my credentials, I was born in america, I live in america, and I'll die in america. if your american your american. Don's right... that type of seperation is what is destroying america. BTW I didn't know there was an expiration on the vote for African Americans that is a problem. I have heard that Kerry wants to make Spannish an offical language of the US. weather or not that is true, it disturbs me. On a side note I got fired from a company because in the race portion of the employment document i checked other and wrote AMERICAN, i refused to change it 6 months later when they found it so they fired me.

I find it funny how the military disses the so called "war hero". they know what type of leader he is. I think that speaks more words than anything else. I also find it very intersting how every body wanted to go kick some but after 9-11, but when ush stood up and sent "our boys" over there everbody screamed NO!

Bush actually had the balls to carry through with whta he said. I look into his eyes and can see this determination. I look into carrys eyes and see nothing. I don't want to vote for somebody that has nothing to stand for.

Just to give you reasons on people i voted for in the past.

Vern Ellhers - actually came to my door and said "i am running for state rep. (now he's a congress man) and I want your vote" can you name any other polititions that have ever done that to you?

Tim Steele - I grew up down the street from him, when he is determined to do something he does not stop till he gets it done. right or wrong I want somebody with that type of motivation representing me.

a few judges because they were honest at public pannels and let anybody ask them questions.. not just filtered questions

you ever want to see something interesting go to hawaii a week before voting. you know what they do? they stand on the side of the road holding signs and waving. they take pride in thier elected officialls and thier elected officials take pride in them. Even though i couldn't vote i stopped and talked to quite a few of them.. it was very enlightening.

I am 24 years old I have over a dozen friends fighting in the war right now. I will not get into why i am not at thier side fighting with them, but trust me i would be there if i could. I pray for each and every soldier every night wether or not i know them. just a few days ago i got a message from one of them that i think everybody should know what he said.

"I am glad to be a part of this war. Me and my buddies are soldiers. We chose this position for different reasons, but our jobs our the same. To protect america and the free world. Since graduating HighSchool I have been sitting on a base training and playing baseball. It is nice to finally get a check and feel that I am being paid to do my job, not just sit and look pretty."

sorry i'm off the milk carton now.

have a good night

-=Cy

You knew it was going to come up sooner or later...here it is.

John Kerry's Voting Record:

ABORTION

Voted to federally fund abortions.

Voted against parental consent for minors.

Voted against ban on Partial Birth Abortion (3 times)

Voted against ban on sending money to UN population fund if the money was sent to pay for China forced abortion and sterilization policy.

NARAL lifetime rating of 100%

National Right to Life Committee lifetime rating of 0%

DEATH PENALTY

Opposes federal death penalty.

Voted against death penalty for terrorists. (recently flip-flopped in 2002)

Voted against death penalty for drug-related murders.

TAXES & BUDGET

Voted against Bush tax cut and wants to repeal portions of Bush tax cut.

Voted for 1993 Clinton tax hike. (largest in history)

Voted against major tax relief packages at least 10 times.

Voted at least 5 times against balance budget amendments.

Kerry voted at least five times to raid The Social Security Trust Fund.

MILITARY & NATIONAL SECURITY

Voted for 7 major reductions in military funding Voted against Gulf War I (1991).

Voted for Gulf War II (but then criticized and voted against military appropriation for troops).

Voted against MX missile.

Voted against Trident Submarine.

Voted against SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative – Star Wars).

Voted against B-1 and B-2 Stealth Bomber and Fighter.

Favored UN control of US Troops (in the 1970s).

Supported Slashing $2.6 Billion from Intelligence Funding While Serving as a Member of Senate Intel Committee.

Attended a seminar (the so-called "Winter Soldier Investigation) bankrolled by Jane Fonda in Detroit in February 1971 during which 125 self-proclaimed Vietnam veterans testified at a Howard Johnson's about atrocities allegedly committed by our own forces.

(Many of the so-called Veterans were frauds and virtually every alleged atrocity was investigated and proven to be false.)

FAITH & VALUES

Voted against ban on human cloning.

Voted Against Defense of Marriage Act (to give states option to decide whether to recognize homosexual marriages in other states).

Sent letter to Massachusetts Legislature opposing Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman.

Favors civil unions for homosexuals.

Voted to extend hate crimes protections to homosexuals.

Voted against a constitutional amendment on flag desecration.

EDUCATION

Voted against voluntary school prayer.

Voted against voucher pilot program.

Voted against approving a school-choice pilot program

JUDGES, COURTS & LAW

Voted against confirmation of Clarence Thomas for Supreme Court Justice.

Voted against confirmation of Robert Bork for Supreme Court Justice.

Voted against confirmation William Rehnquist as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Voted against confirmation John Ashcroft as US Attorney General.

Voted against punitive damages in products liability cases. As Michael Dukakis Lt. Governor From 1983-1985, Kerry Supported Granting Prison Furloughs To Hundreds Of Massachusetts Inmates.

FOREIGN POLICY

Against linking Most Favored Nation status to China human rights record.

Voted for Kyoto Protocol on Environment that exempted major Third Word polluters.

Supported Iraq regime change as late as January, 2003.

Now has flipped-flopped For Unilateral nuclear Freeze.

Voted against deployment of INF missiles in Europe.

POLITICAL ASSOCIATIONS

Leading member of VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against the War)

Attended and conducted anti-war and anti-American protests in the 1970s. Organized the Protests.

Votes with Ted Kennedy an average of 94% of the time.

Received $300,000 contribution from Johnny Chung as directed by Chinese intelligence officer.

Supported Communist Sandinistas and visited with leader Communist Daniel Ortega days before Ortega flew to Moscow and received $200 million in Soviet aid.

Has a lifetime rating of 26% from Citizens Against Government Waste.

Has a lifetime rating of 0% from the National Rifle Association.

Lifetime liberal vote rating of 93% from Americans For Democratic Action (5 points higher than Ted Kennedy).

Voted with the liberal activist group, The League Of Conservation Voters, an average of 95% of the time.

All of this is documented and available to the public if you do a little diggin'.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't

have started this war, state the following ...

FDR...

led us into World War II.

Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,

an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...

finished that war and started one in Korea,

North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,

an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...

started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...

turned Vietnam into a quagmire.

From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,

an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...

went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,

Bosnia never attacked us.

He was offered Osama bin La den's head on a platter

three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us

President Bush has ...

liberated two countries,

crushed the Taliban,

crippled al-Qaida,

put nuclear inspectors in Libya,

Iran and North Korea

without firing a shot,

and captured a terrorist who slaughtered

300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking,

but...

It took less time to take Iraq

than it took Janet Reno to take the

Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of

chemical weapons in Iraq for less

time than it took Hillary Clinton to

find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division

and the Marines to destroy the Medina

Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to

call the police after his Oldsmobile

sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took

to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!

The Military moral is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Back