Water in a glass tunnel !!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

Hi everyone,

Where on a tunnel is the best place to drill a water drain hole ???

And what size hole should I drill ??

It is only getting water in it when it is sitting dead on the course ....

Butch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
dont let it sit dead on the course..... :D

Drill them in the tips about 1/8" diameter and angle them in towards the back of the boat. you can use a piece of radio box tape over the hole if you are worried about lack of floatation...

~James

see you in Atlanta ???????

oN MY vAN hOOTEN i DRILLED THEM ABOUT 1/4 inch from the very tip of my sponsons right inside where the seams meet. 1/8 should be fine. I prefer this way so when I drain it it's not standing on the motor. Simply add a piece of radio box tape over it before running you'll be good to go.

Waterbug,

Check your transom bolts, you most likely have water leaking around them while it sits in the water or a cracked seam somewhere near the rear of the boat. You drive a Magnum Tunnel if I remember right...How many of the new style Magnums will be in Atlanta this weekend?

Carl,

Carl

You know you are right about the bolts, I turned my Hy-Jacker mount around and did not reseal it !!!!! :rolleyes:

I don't know about the new Magnums, I still have the old style !! :huh: :unsure:

Maybe one day I will get a sponsor to !! :lol: :huh:

Buying Hi-Po engines don't leave much in the budget !!!!

Hey,

Just go to all the Southeastern races and win 90% of them and you will have a sponsor in no time! I am looking forward to hearing from the Atlanta Race even though there is a small 3.5cc nitro class turn out. That area is known for having a large gasboat turnout.

Hey, it's all boat racing!

Carl,

I have a very, nice gentlemen that has said he will help me out !!!!!!

My driving skills have improved a lot lately and he might help me .... :) He is a man of his word !!!! I also have killer club members that will push me along and make me perform .....

C.M.B. ROCKS THE SOUTH !!!!!!

LOL…drilling holes in the front of a magnum is something I would not do. I would in a quality boat, like a HTB or Lynx but definitely not a Magnum. Not after the experiences I had with that hull. Especially with an expensive motor hanging off the opposite end. :blink:

Kev

As we have talked before ... I do have the WOF's and he has till Jerry Dunlap's Top Speed II hits the market to do right by me !!!

Charlie is running the new hull know, but I have not seen a thing yet.....!! Jimmy Eddleman helped him with the new hull, and he had by using bondo and told me since I was on a buget to do the same.... But I payed good money for a good hull thats what I expect !!!! a good **** hull !!!

When my checks start,(in the next two months) I will spend my money wisely !!! If it means a TS II or Lynx then that it will be !!!! I did not stop flying to play games !!!!!! This is more than just a hobby to me !!!! If it were a hobby just to play with toy boats, I would not have Nova Rossi, Mac/CMB engines I would be running the cheapest K&B's !!!!!!!!

Butch :) :angry: TRYING TO KEEP MY COOL !!!!!!!!!

He has told me ( yesterday) he was making some hulls !!! I hope he does but I am beginning to wonder .....

Take my med's it will pass ....... Take my med's it will pass ...... Take my med's it will pass.....

:ph34r:

Charlie

Tell me it ain't so ........ Tell me that what you said before you left our race is what you are going to do ... :huh:

waterbug said:
Charlie
Tell me it ain't so ........  Tell me that what you said before you left our race is what you are going to do ... :huh:

Butch  :)

96619[/snapback]

HEY WATERBUG . THEY PART WE WERE TALKING ABOUT, DO YOU WANT THE NEWEST ONE OR THE OL STANDBY ??

Back