Warning for anyone that's thinking of dealing with Ken Stang..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigtmare

It's not good to let your guard down. I was taken once before on this forum and I was quite shy dealing with people. 99% of my dealings with people here were with cash money. There are a lot of individuals that I would trust on this forum. Unfortunately, not everybody deserves trust, and Ken's one of them. His ad was clear as mud and I was too stupid to ask the right questions. But he sent me a picture small enough to see a blue head picco engine. The shade and the colour of the blue looked identical to the new style piccos. Once I received his stuff, I noticed that this guy was out to get somebody. The cranks that were included in the ad are garbage and they're not spares. There is a new piston and a sleeve with the package, but I needed an extra crank for my 8mm picco. I offered to pay this guy for his shipping and the shipping back. I told him I'd send him back the entire package so I could go and find what I need, and the only thing he had to say was that he never told me it was the new style picco. But ay Ken, I guess you got rid of your old picco. I wish you luck on your future sales. If I have anything to do with it, I'll remind the members of what you're all about. And just like my pm said to you, karma is a funny thing.

You have a good day.

Sorry this happened to you.

I hope you don't end up looking like the bad guy like I did when posted this type of ad.

Sorry this happened to you.

I hope you don't end up looking like the bad guy like I did when posted this type of ad.
Thanks Anthony!!! to tell you the truth I don't care if I look like the bad guy.... I know I wouldn't do this to anyone.

Nick

$200 picco 45 blue head, with a new piston cyl, so why dont you just sell it to someone else that would need it?
Hey Phil I guess I wouldn't have any problems selling it (I hope) But I certainly will have to advertise it so the person buying it knows exactly what he is buying. some things he forgot to mention in his ad is the engine is highly modified and the allen head bolts are stripped. So they have to be replaced. Just little minor things he forgot to mention on his ad. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken is a great guy. I cant believe this is more than a missunderstanding......

This is not good, and i'll hope you guys work things out, big time. Take it to phone and PM, maybe?....

No side intended.

Ken, whom I've competed with districtly, for many years, sets the standard as a model boat racer, hands down.

He'll make it right, easily, surely. He's just that kind of person to do it, setting a high bar in the hobby.

There may be factors, involved, that you guys need to solve between you, personally.... please attempt.

This, is the reason, exponentially, that I GIVE my hulls away,normally, and I dont sell engines to anybody. Used stuff is used,and for the most part, amazingly, when you give to someone in need, complaints never arise...... if, I have to part with engine X, or parts, I hesitate nervously, as, you just dont know what the end user may do with it..... so, I just dont sell. I have acquired an absolute ton of junk, that piles up, many on here have the same...... granted motors and parts are worth money, now what?..... they sit, for fear of hurting expectations anywhere. Seriously. Cloudy interpretations on "used" and only two tanks through it..... look on Ebay, buy something there? not me.

Nick, I know you too.... relax, man... and realize this aint a defend Ken post.... he'll make it right i'm sure.

I've been fortunate beyond means of any normal man, in the spirit of the boating hobby, I try to uphold as best i can..... been phenomenally helped by everyone on here, nationwide..... even more by a chosen few men, i'll never be able to repay.....

Winters coming, and here we go..... uphold the spirit will ya?.... thats where its at, and as it wanes more and more, so will I.

Be good, and test well.... everyone. mike

Ken is a standup guy and great boat racer/friend.

This must be some kind of misunderstanding.

I have Sold Many items to Nick, NEVER had a Single Issue.... NEVER....... So I would not think it is on Nicks End... B)

To all

Ken posted a ad selling some motors, some Mac and some CMB, I purchased a 67 Mac from him with no problems, got the motor is was everything he said by looking at it, The only thing I would have complained about was I got the motor with no collet and both water nipples were gone. But I did not worry about this because they are pretty easily available from many suppliers. With all of this being said on IW I have not torn the motor down to see the internals, So I am very concerned about my motor after someone else has had problems. I will take a look at my motor and hopefully I have been dooped again?

I was asking $250.00 for the motor. I sold it to him for $225.00 shipped to Canada. It cost me $25.00 to ship it to him. So I got $200.00 for it. I sent him a big picture of the motor of what it looked liked. Its not my fault that he can not tell the difference from the old style to the new style motors. They do not even look the same. So now he is bashing me for selling him the wrong motor.

Problem solved.
I just want to update everyone ever since this update has been made by Ken. The only problem that he tried to solve was the one predicament that he was in. At the same day he left a message on my answering machine saying that he has not cashed the money order, and he put it back in the envelope and he's sending it to me. Then he said to pack the engine and send it back to him.(good thing some members here emailed me and warned me not to send the engine back till I receive the money) I would have been out of the money and the engine by the sounds of it. Ken may be OK to the guys close to him, because he's going to have to deal with them at the pond, but he obviously doesn't care for someone with a distance like me. One thing I know for sure is that he's a dishonest person and he's proven that to everyone and he's also a low profile crook. I have asked him a minimum of 10 times about the two cranks that he included in the sale that they're suppose to be spares of the engine that he sold me. He hasn't once answered to that. The cranks I think are out of a Volkswagen, and not a picco. He has ignored all my messages for the last three weeks asking him if he has sent the money till I had enough so I told him that if he was going to keep ignoring me that I'd repost on the forum. He p/m me two days ago and said that hes not sending the money back. Well Ken. I've told you after 3 weeks I'll post here if I dont receive the money as you said you would. I now know that posting here is not going to get my money back, but I just want to tell everybody to be very careful with you. And Mike, No. He didn't make it right. he doesn't know how to do that and thats OK I know one thing (What goes around comes around)

Nick.

Why can't we just all get along and play nice in the sandbox?

This is not good, and i'll hope you guys work things out, big time. Take it to phone and PM, maybe?....

No side intended.

Ken, whom I've competed with districtly, for many years, sets the standard as a model boat racer, hands down.

He'll make it right, easily, surely. He's just that kind of person to do it, setting a high bar in the hobby.

There may be factors, involved, that you guys need to solve between you, personally.... please attempt.

This, is the reason, exponentially, that I GIVE my hulls away,normally, and I dont sell engines to anybody. Used stuff is used,and for the most part, amazingly, when you give to someone in need, complaints never arise...... if, I have to part with engine X, or parts, I hesitate nervously, as, you just dont know what the end user may do with it..... so, I just dont sell. I have acquired an absolute ton of junk, that piles up, many on here have the same...... granted motors and parts are worth money, now what?..... they sit, for fear of hurting expectations anywhere. Seriously. Cloudy interpretations on "used" and only two tanks through it..... look on Ebay, buy something there? not me.

Nick, I know you too.... relax, man... and realize this aint a defend Ken post.... he'll make it right i'm sure.

I've been fortunate beyond means of any normal man, in the spirit of the boating hobby, I try to uphold as best i can..... been phenomenally helped by everyone on here, nationwide..... even more by a chosen few men, i'll never be able to repay.....

Winters coming, and here we go..... uphold the spirit will ya?.... thats where its at, and as it wanes more and more, so will I.

Be good, and test well.... everyone. mike
Not to change the subject but if you have a hull you ever want to give awy in the B mono range I hope you'll remember me.

Kens Stangs Post #13 Says Problem SOLVED? Well I guess it aint SOLVED........ :huh:
Hey Joe I had a couple of members pm/email me saying "it's good you got your money back" at the time he posted that. I've learned one thing in life from experiences with people like him..'Don't count your chickens before they hatch' :angry:

Kens a super guy.. ZERO chance of changing the minds of the people that know him. I would BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM WITH FULL CONFADANCE.

Grimracer

Back