VS1 FE props of choice?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim leyde

I will be running a VS1 FE with 4s 5000 battery with an OS lower. Wondering what you guys are running on that set up for a prop?

TL

Hey Tim, Grim(or ABC) 42x55 for FE tunnels that are setup with the UL-1 combo...

-Kent

Tim,

An M445 works well with a 2030AQ motor(OS lower). Just Make sure your running free enough that it doesn't overheat. Should not be a problem on a VS-1. Another good prop is a 42X66 Grimracer. Again if it heats up trim a little diameter off. This is what were using on a Vision and Shaman for heat racing.

Mic

Tim,

An M445 works well with a 2030AQ motor(OS lower). Just Make sure your running free enough that it doesn't overheat. Should not be a problem on a VS-1. Another good prop is a 42X66 Grimracer. Again if it heats up trim a little diameter off. This is what were using on a Vision and Shaman for heat racing.

Mic
Mic

Thanks, you have any idea what the diamitor is after you trimmed it down.

TL

I think you'd be safer with an X442 or the 42x55 and working your way up, rather than going to an X445 then working your way down.

I think you'd be safer with an X442 or the 42x55 and working your way up, rather than going to an X445 then working your way down.
You are correct the safe play is the smaller prop and why I said keep an eye on temps. As for diameter I would trim to between 43-44 mm on a 45mm prop. That and or relieving a little cup. The VS-1 is very light and should have no trouble with a M445. If your undertrimmed and plowing water it will be a load. I have run 442's m445's,m447,40X53,42X55,42X66,44X66,45X68 and you will see a 42X66 or M445 on my spec boats at a race.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Back