VS-1 RESULTS?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

A local club member using Grims setup from on here built a new boat and i bet he was close to 50 mph by the 5th tank of fuel. Awesome handling as well. Straight away was fast .looks like a winner

A local club member using Grims setup from on here built a new boat and i bet he was close to 50 mph by the 5th tank of fuel. Awesome handling as well. Straight away was fast .looks like a winner
My son will be running one if we ever get open water :) The ice is getting black and honeycombed...won't be long,except it is supposed to snow tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom.

Thats some good news coming from a guy that demands the best.. You boats are always top knotch!

See ya this summer

Grimracer

tn_IMG_3943.JPGtn_IMG_3942.JPG

And does very well with a K & B. Great Boat, rides flat in the turns and fast in the straights. Just in installed a HI Jack Motor mount will see how it helps, lots great.

Cuda

I would realy shy away from a mount that sets the hinge pin furter back then around 5/8 to 3/4" from the transom

Rock on

Grim

Cuda
I would realy shy away from a mount that sets the hinge pin furter back then around 5/8 to 3/4" from the transom

Rock on

Grim
You know, Grim I did not think of that but, I did have concrens on this mount, I tested it on Sunday at our local pond and after about the third adjustment it did make a difference in the boats handling and speed, better on both accounts. The other VS1's at the pond had to work to keep up with this set up. During the adjustments I notice how easy it was to make the up and down adjustments, you did not lose your starting point, like that alot. I will measure tonight how far back the pin sets from the transom and let you know and I will try to post some pictures of the set up.

Mike

JD did not see you at the pond on Sunday by the ware houses, I was hoping to pick your brain on some set up issues, but Tim from your club help me out alot. Need to talk to you about joining you guys in Tacoma. The question that I have are mufflers, what is the noise requirements to run with you guys and how do you measure? I've concern over my K & B OB noise level. Where is a good place to buy mufflers.

Mike

JD did not see you at the pond on Sunday by the ware houses, I was hoping to pick your brain on some set up issues, but Tim from your club help me out alot. Need to talk to you about joining you guys in Tacoma. The question that I have are mufflers, what is the noise requirements to run with you guys and how do you measure? I've concern over my K & B OB noise level. Where is a good place to buy mufflers.
Mike
I just returned from SoCal. If your K&B has a stock exhaust system, it's legal. We'll be up at Twin Lakes this weekend. I'll have my VS1/OS 21 ready for 20 Stock Tunnel.

JD

Cuda, I saw your boat run and it was very impressive with the K&B, but I believe you would have to run in A mod with the exhaust thottle set up. If you are concerned about the noise level a tuned pipe would be the way to go if you are going to stay with the exhaust throttle set up. I ran the same setup you have some time ago and had mixed results,the 3.5 with exhast throttle only likes to run wide open, if you have to get out of the throttle and then try and get going again they have a tendency to load up and put the fire out. If you want to try a tuned pipe let me know I have two Garcia pipes and headers,maybe we can work something out.

Grim,

I have just got back into the sport recently and got a VS1 to run in A stock, I saw in your post above your recomendation on the distance of the pivot pin to the transom. Is this something specific to your design? As of now I am running an old K&b with the same mount I used on all my Hotshot sprints years ago and my pivot is 1 1/8'' from the transom. Like I said I have been out of the sport for awhile and haven't kept up on the technologies.

This VS1 is a very nice setup and I am impressed, the only thing I can beef about is that the particular hull I received had some significant runs in the clearcoat on the top of the sponsons.

Jim

Grim,

I have just got back into the sport recently and got a VS1 to run in A stock, I saw in your post above your recomendation on the distance of the pivot pin to the transom. Is this something specific to your design? As of now I am running an old K&b with the same mount I used on all my Hotshot sprints years ago and my pivot is 1 1/8'' from the transom. Like I said I have been out of the sport for awhile and haven't kept up on the technologies.

This VS1 is a very nice setup and I am impressed, the only thing I can beef about is that the particular hull I received had some significant runs in the clearcoat on the top of the sponsons.

Jim

Jim were you at the test pond on saturday.

mike

Cuda, I saw your boat run and it was very impressive with the K&B, but I believe you would have to run in A mod with the exhaust thottle set up. If you are concerned about the noise level a tuned pipe would be the way to go if you are going to stay with the exhaust throttle set up. I ran the same setup you have some time ago and had mixed results,the 3.5 with exhast throttle only likes to run wide open, if you have to get out of the throttle and then try and get going again they have a tendency to load up and put the fire out. If you want to try a tuned pipe let me know I have two Garcia pipes and headers,maybe we can work something out.
what do you want or need for a tune pipe.

mike

what do you want or need for a tune pipe.

mike
Hi Mike, yes I was at the pond Sun, I was running the other VSI with a stock K&B. It was the first time that I had run it and was having some troubles setting it up. I will PM you my # and we can talk about the tuned pipe. I have one complete 3.5 mod motor with tuned pipe.exhaust throttle,modified lower unit,etc. And I have an extra Garcia tuned pipe and header,I sold my other 707 exhaust throttle to Matt. What I am looking for is an outboard rigger to put my mod motor on.

Give me a call.

Jim

Latest posts

Back