VS-1 RESULTS?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuda, I saw your boat run and it was very impressive with the K&B, but I believe you would have to run in A mod with the exhaust thottle set up. If you are concerned about the noise level a tuned pipe would be the way to go if you are going to stay with the exhaust throttle set up. I ran the same setup you have some time ago and had mixed results,the 3.5 with exhast throttle only likes to run wide open, if you have to get out of the throttle and then try and get going again they have a tendency to load up and put the fire out. If you want to try a tuned pipe let me know I have two Garcia pipes and headers,maybe we can work something out.
what do you want or need for a tune pipe.

mike
Hi Mike, yes I was at the pond Sun, I was running the other VSI with a stock K&B. It was the first time that I had run it and was having some troubles setting it up. I will PM you my # and we can talk about the tuned pipe. I have one complete 3.5 mod motor with tuned pipe.exhaust throttle,modified lower unit,etc. And I have an extra Garcia tuned pipe and header,I sold my other 707 exhaust throttle to Matt. What I am looking for is an outboard rigger to put my mod motor on.

Give me a call.

Jim

Jim,

Mike Constanzo has a Spitfire, a 20 OB rigger, for sale in the for sale section among several items. Check it out.

John

Cuda, I saw your boat run and it was very impressive with the K&B, but I believe you would have to run in A mod with the exhaust thottle set up. If you are concerned about the noise level a tuned pipe would be the way to go if you are going to stay with the exhaust throttle set up. I ran the same setup you have some time ago and had mixed results,the 3.5 with exhast throttle only likes to run wide open, if you have to get out of the throttle and then try and get going again they have a tendency to load up and put the fire out. If you want to try a tuned pipe let me know I have two Garcia pipes and headers,maybe we can work something out.
what do you want or need for a tune pipe.

mike
Hi Mike, yes I was at the pond Sun, I was running the other VSI with a stock K&B. It was the first time that I had run it and was having some troubles setting it up. I will PM you my # and we can talk about the tuned pipe. I have one complete 3.5 mod motor with tuned pipe.exhaust throttle,modified lower unit,etc. And I have an extra Garcia tuned pipe and header,I sold my other 707 exhaust throttle to Matt. What I am looking for is an outboard rigger to put my mod motor on.

Give me a call.

Jim

Jim,

Mike Constanzo has a Spitfire, a 20 OB rigger, for sale in the for sale section among several items. Check it out.

John
Thanks John I will take a look.

Valet, When you run an exhaust throttle you dont use a carb,just a spray bar with a needle or a venturi with spraybar and needle combined. I like to use a carb with a tuned pipe myself because exhaust throttles can be touchy to tune.

Jim

Back