vintage octura white heat 4-60 kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john bass

got the kit and all the parts and plans are there... am not sure what to do with it....do i build it or try to have it copied...i have been looking for one for years but they were to expensive...i got lucky....please help me with what to do with this piece of r/c boating history.... thanks

Copy the pieces by all means. If it were mine, I'd use the original pieces as templates and build a new one from the template pieces. Would make a very interesting Build Thread.

JD

Wondering out loud if one of the guys that are doing laser cut kits could copy / produce the parts without infringement issues. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rear fiberglass coweling for a White Heat, I think it is for a 4-60, if it is you can have it for the shipping

John R.

wow...thanks guys for all the feedback...i will do what i can to save this piece of history... Andy is it expensive to have a kit copied????....i will call you and Donna next week'''''my woodworking skills are not the best ...i am an engine guy but i would love to work with someone who is a craftsman.....i have been looking for this boat for years...had one in my teen years...a white heat 60 with a supertiger 65...the wasington dc reflecting pool was not very forgiving on our boats back in the early 1960s...ha...ha john out

Big John i would love to get the cowling from you...john [email protected] let me know where to send the cash....john bass 2000 Forest Nelson Blvd...Port Charlotte Unit B-4...Port Charlotte Florida..33952...thanks again for all the help...john out

Well if you wanted to reproduce the kit Mike at MLboatworksrc could do the job. http://www.mlboatworksrc.com/

If you want to build the one you have please do make copy of the parts on paper and you can go to a copy shop to have prints made.

Please I would really like a copy if you do. I built a couple of those 4-60 long ago. How long of a bot was that one?

Octura models is who built that kit if you are seeking permissions, I guess they have not produced any for a long time. If ok I could duplicate that cowl piece too.

Look anything like this ? eBay find three years ago, love the IMPBA membership form that came with the boat. For sale if anyone wants it, make offer, have all paper work

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have had multiple people ask me about the White Heat hull in the past, and I kinda forgot about it as I didn't think it was that popular. Who made the original kit, and are they still in business? If they are, then it may be an issue, if not, then I don't know if it would be a big deal. Let me know guys, I would draw it up if I have the kit in my hands. Thanks, Mike, www.mlboatworksrc.com

Opps, just saw it was made by Octura at the very top of the page! Who owns Octura? Private or Corporation? Does anyone know the owner?

I'm of the opinion that Tom Prezentka would not agree to having one of his boats reproduced by another manufacturer. His daughter, Trudy, now runs Octura Models. Might be worth a phone call. Not sure if the amount of potential sales would be worth the time to reproduce a kit. 50 years ago building a wood kit was the primary method of getting into RC boating. That G&M Models flyer is a classic.

JD

Look anything like this ? eBay find three years ago, love the IMPBA membership form that came with the boat. For sale if anyone wants it, make offer, have all paper work
The WHITE HEAT40 was the first boat I raced in 1968. I held the 40 hydro oval record for five years. You would laugh if I told you what my speed as then. I will tell you this. No RC boats had did 50 mph back then.

Latest posts

Back