Vintage Mono Hull's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so in x you can run twin 101

Funny thing about my prather 40 is it calls for a skeg. I dont have one installed and it turns great. :huh: Wonder why they wanted a skeg?

Last edited:

Funny thing about my prather 40 is it calls for a skeg. I dont have one installed and it turns great. :huh: Wonder why they wanted a skeg?
By skeg, do you mean a center mount turn fin down the keel? A center mount turn fin will reducing the leaning of the boat and make a tighter turn. I have found that the Prather turned fine without one.

By skeg, do you mean a center mount turn fin down the keel? A center mount turn fin will reducing the leaning of the boat and make a tighter turn. I have found that the Prather turned fine without one.
yes dz thats what i mean by skeg. I too found that the prather turned fine without them. I believe as i saw Mr finch say; that boats dont always need turn fins and stuff it all depends on the setup. My trim tabs actually have it riding a little flatter than I want. What have you been doing with your mono? The lines of yours look very similar to the vintage hulls.

David I may have to get me a youngblood or bounty hunter hull

yeah, the stock Prather Deep Vee hull/hardware kit's came with a stainless skeg. It had minimal area (maybe .75in i length X .625in deep X .062in thick). Just enough to aid in turning. I installed the skeg on my 41in Classic hull when I constructed it so I never experienced running it without (it's permanently fiberglassed in place). It turned fairly well, although would hook every so often. But ran very fast and flat (w/OPS .45).

I used a Marine Specialties double-skeg on my Youngblood and Muck Spartan Streaker hulls (you can see double skeg/turn fin on page below):

http://www.marinespecialties-rc.com/strutrudder.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the first Twincraft ever built. It was built by a guy who made out-houses. Glad to be around long enough to have my designs be classed as vintage! I am running a 25 year old 46 inch Twin Craft with a gas motor in it and still having fun. GO VINTAGE!!!!!

no Im wondering does the cg look about right. Its more in the boat im trying to secure the proper prop as we speak ( something special in the 52 mm range) its running the x450 in the above post. I wasnt really on the throttle too hard in the video and the batteries were not fully charged. I needed to check the turning before really opening her up, I will next run and will post video as always

HUGH

Bout Bout IT B) .

Last edited:
I'm going to be using a 45 inch Youngblood with a stock zenoha to go after 3 records at our records trial coming up. 1/3 Mile oval, 1/4 mile oval and SAW for Super Sport Mono. In 2009 at the Gas Nats I took a 3rd place with the same boat.

I'm going to be using a 45 inch Youngblood with a stock zenoha to go after 3 records at our records trial coming up. 1/3 Mile oval, 1/4 mile oval and SAW for Super Sport Mono. In 2009 at the Gas Nats I took a 3rd place with the same boat.
please post a few images of the Youngblood

If....If there is going to be a vintage mono class I still have a 47 twincraft in the attic..... Would love to see what it has with a 101Rs in it...!!! :eek: :eek: :D :lol:

Back