Villain with a Mod engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog-2112

I'm considering putting a mod engine on a Villain and I've heard a few mention that it would be a bit to handle. What changes or modifications would be recommended for it handle a mod engine? All I can think of right now is more weight but do you suppose more at the C/G is enough?

What other recommends would you make for putting a mod engine on a Villain? Mike, I know you have one, what did you do? All others, please chime in.

Thanks,

Snowdog

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan,

when I ran my Villian with the SS it was at the peak performance in my opinion. I think if you went and put a pipe on it you'd spend more time rowing for it after it flipped over.

However, if you were determined to do it no matter what, I'd guess the first thing you'd need to do is an a 1 1/2 inch motor mount extension to the transom. Add more weight to the top and the bottom part of the tip of the sponsons. and make sure all the weight of the radio box is as far forward as possible.

There's a reason Mike Z. designed and will be releasing the "Nemesis" for 3.5 mod engines - the Villain doesn't meet the design needs of a mod 3.5. There's a reason J.D. runs a WOF 30 with his mod 3.5s and a WOF 28 with his stock K&B 3.5s. Unlike Mike Z., JD hasn't got a clue why he does it - he just runs 'em that way.

JD

Well it kinda depends on what engine you are planning on using, a piped K&B will work,

CG at 32% and a calibrated throttle finger.

But if your thinkin CMB, MAC, NR or Rossi, I would wait for the release of the Nemesis kit,

Gene :D

Snow

You are right I have one and it ran quite well. 2002 Internats heat racing champ..

Mine runs with the CG at about 32 to 33% and weighed 4lbs 4oz rtr... it is K+B (ROD G) mod power plant and was a lot of fun to drive.

Would i do it again.. maybe but as Jerry said we are going to leave the villain as a stock class killer and use the New Nemesis for mod.

As for the Villain as a stock/sport class boat.. we / I have no intentions of re-designing or eliminating it from our products.. Its just been to darn good a sport boat to put it down. The boat in the right hands will bust down 50MPH with a well set up sport motor.. Im talking NAMBA here too..

All in all it can be done..not sure I would recommend it but it can be done.

Grim :D

RC

Just the meaning of the rules.. In IMPBA we have a hole in and hole out rule. (Intake and Ex Rule) (as cut and dryed as it is it can still be wide open to intrpatation.) In NAMBA i do beleave its Box stock.

Grim

O yea like IMPBA, NAMBA can sharpen the lower and such..

ROCK ON

Grim

Thanks for the help guys. I suppose that I'll leave that frustration to someone else. :D I need all the peace I can get right now. :huh:

Snowdog

I still don't see the need for the longer boat,unless you are running in rough water. I am still running a 26" boat and it is what I am going to run at the record trials.

With the Villain its the amount of lift designed into the center section, optomized for the output of a stock class outboard in my opnion,

Gene :D

Back