Very Fast Facts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flyin Rat Sass said:
a little off topic (ok, way off topic) but norm, what is your avitar? full size pic?
94723[/snapback]

That is Miss America X Gar Woods last Big boat. He ran 10 Miss Americas throughout the early 1900s and basicly owned the Harmsworth Trophy. My Grandmother was a Wood so we have lot's of Gar Wood stuff in the house.

The boat was powered by four Packard X Aircraft engines and he would only use full throttle if he needed to. LOL. The boat of course was a Gar Wood build Mahogony step vee, so by today's standards it would run in a hydro class.

Norm Doerr said:
Flyin Rat Sass said:
a little off topic (ok, way off topic) but norm, what is your avitar? full size pic?
94723[/snapback]

That is Miss America X Gar Woods last Big boat. He ran 10 Miss Americas throughout the early 1900s and basicly owned the Harmsworth Trophy. My Grandmother was a Wood so we have lot's of Gar Wood stuff in the house.

The boat was powered by four Packard X Aircraft engines and he would only use full throttle if he needed to. LOL. The boat of course was a Gar Wood build Mahogony step vee, so by today's standards it would run in a hydro class.

94730[/snapback]

Wow,I just spent 45 min reading about Gar.Quite an interesting man.

Flyin Rat Sass said:
Norm Doerr said:
Flyin Rat Sass said:
94723[/snapback]

94730[/snapback]

94749[/snapback]

LOL He got his first million by perfecting his idea of "hydralic power" for construction and industrial power. Oh yeah....he was a little "out there".

Norm Doerr said:
Flyin Rat Sass said:
Norm Doerr said:
Flyin Rat Sass said:
94723[/snapback]

94730[/snapback]

94749[/snapback]

LOL He got his first million by perfecting his idea of "hydralic power" for construction and industrial power. Oh yeah....he was a little "out there".

94776[/snapback]

It's my observation that the crazies have the most interesting stories...(when I was 6 yrs old I wanted to be a "mad scientist" because they had robots and bombs...lol go figure).

Wizard said:
I am intrigued with 540 revalutions light to light :)
94718[/snapback]

Like my 126.3 mph pass with the MAC 84.

Even with the engine turning 29,000 RPM it only turns 865 revolutions light to light.

RaceCraftBearings said:
Terry Keeley said:
My plan is to catch the Gator's next year, maybe I'll can catch up with you and Ron there?

94603[/snapback]

Terry that would be great if you can make it! As Norm says let us know way in advance so we can get rooms at the same hotel.

Ron

94719[/snapback]

Will do for sure, I've marked my calendar!

Flyin Rat Sass said:
It's my observation that the crazies have the most interesting stories...(when I was 6 yrs old I wanted to be a "mad scientist" because they had robots and bombs...lol go figure).
94778[/snapback]

and now you build rc flat bottom boats..... things havent changed a bit :D :D :D

AndyBrown said:
Wizard said:
I am intrigued with 540 revalutions light to light :)
94718[/snapback]

Like my 126.3 mph pass with the MAC 84.

Even with the engine turning 29,000 RPM it only turns 865 revolutions light to light.

94827[/snapback]

On paper it makes perfect sense and it is dead on true. You would not believe how many people don't believe it until they stop and do the math. LOL. Gets them every time. LOL

Does the MAC 84 rev that high? That is impressive.

Back