UL-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen one but always wished I had. Don't know that you can pack the tuned pipe under the little cowl. I bet a TZ18 or 12 would be very good in that hull,.. really surprised they never came out with a nitro version of that hull.. to me the Vegas was a bit of a barge.. A sp21 of the UL1 would be awesome!

to me the Vegas was a bit of a barge..

funny u should mention that the vegas never did well with nitro as ive seen them with fe power do great.....never seen the ul-1 with nitro either but have seen them really hual with the 2030kv motor they come with like someone said wonder why they never came out with the others power supply

Ive been looking in both places just haven't found the right one yet. I believe it can be done with a little redneck ingenuity. Thanks for the info

Well the UL1 will be here next week I'm gonna try the 18 TZ build in it. I will be picking multiple brains during the build and will be keeping timeline photos of the build, any pre build input would be greatky appreciated!!!!

No, keep the CG where it is in the stock configuration and, after the boat's completed, test and adjust from there

You would think with a boat designed like that, that used heavy batteries in the front to keep the nose down you would want the nitro motor as far forward as you can. If not I think it would kite a lot.

Gotta remember FE setup and Nitro setup are 2 different animals. Just my 2 cents. Post pics I wanna see this done. Looks like a very good idea. I love the way the UL-1 looks.

You would think with a boat designed like that, that used heavy batteries in the front to keep the nose down you would want the nitro motor as far forward as you can. If not I think it would kite a lot.

Gotta remember FE setup and Nitro setup are 2 different animals. Just my 2 cents. Post pics I wanna see this done. Looks like a very good idea. I love the way the UL-1 looks.

the answer to the question of added weight . the ul-1 I molded yes it had lead plate bonded in the kick pad area inside installed at the point of manufacture. (both sponsons) but it was not enough also.

just finished buying bits to build 3 new boats up one will be getting a castle 1515 2200kv power plant & the other2 with the original 2030kv & the sv27 blue 1800 kv motors. no dips ,humps in the hulls now with a bit more hull weight and reduced airtrap angle. will be interesting to se the results of the changes when done.

Wayne,

I have added the 1515 Castle and ECS to my Ul-1 boat and it will run in the low 50's with a M445 prop,on 2s 5000ahm 40c batteries the secret is the launch to get it on top of the water without it nosing in, I have to hold the stern under the water about two inches deep then hit the throttle and let the boat pull out . I also had to add about 2oz of lead to the front sponsons, and the turn fin needs to filed so the bend marks on the turn fin are nice and smooth other wise it will wobble from sponson to sponson and filp.

Have fun

Walt Barney

Back