Twin .45 Design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our current Twin 45 SGX is 41". It is based off of our single 80 boat. Allan's boat looks about the same. We have built so many different verssions of the twin 45, many times custom built to what the customer was looking for. We had built some based off of the 67 boat (37.5") but they were just a little to small for some race situations. We had also built some 43" T-45's based off of the 90 boat, but I really like the newest 41" Twin 45. If it is built clean it will come in at 10 pounds even.

Our Twin 67/84 SGX is 42".
Can't wait to see this !! The acceleration should be stupid because of the light weight from the lighter EVERYTHING !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
More progress today! I was able to fit the tanks under the pipes. I am working now on the cowl and sponsons. I picked up a nice NACA design tool for some downforce on the rear using winglets. These should be taped on for adjustment.

Capture2.JPG

Jeff got the Files

Thanks very much

Just finished converting the STEP to .sldpart im using 2010 premium so i couldnt just used your .SLDPRT

looks good

I will be running my pipes down each side of the tub do you think you will need to put a bend on the end of your pipes

to stop the 100 mph air adding additional Pressure to the pipes ?
Well I don't know whats going to happen with the pipes having pressure build with speed. It will be an interesting test.

I believe you can put the stingers in the center of the pipes. I know many 2 strokes are setup this way. Someone here has done it I believe. Doesn't Glenn Q have s setup similar??

Jeff,

I would not worry about the pipes period.

I think a little recurve to the back of the tub will help you.

Nice set up so far. Don't be to concerned about the width or a little more length

Of the tub, remember you will be working on it between heats. The reason you

May want a little more tub width is so you can fit the two 1860's side by side if you

Want to heat race at 100+ MPH. The extra length on the tub will help you with

The big holes that the 101 Twins make, but you should be in front of them with

All that RPM and Acceleration. I know where some good twin sets are for that

Project.

Good Luck Building And Testing,

Mark

Jeff. How long are you gonna make your tub and width of the total boat with sponsons? I got a idea I'm working on also. Should be pretty neat.

Jeff, where did you get the NACA design tool???
3Dcontentcentral.com had a downloadable macro for solidworks. It creates the NACA profile based on the numbers you give it. Unfortunately its useless unless you have access to solidworks. There should be some other tools out there for autocad or pen and paper, but I don't know about where to find them.

Jeff. How long are you gonna make your tub and width of the total boat with sponsons? I got a idea I'm working on also. Should be pretty neat.
Right now I am at 42" long but that might change. My CG is a little far forward which should be an easier to fix than the other way around. Sponsons are 26" apart and I'm thinking 5/8 hollow tube, but I am not sure yet.

Jeff,

42" would be a good length, and a solid 1/2" fiberglass boom tubes would be my choices.

Long and Strong,

Mark

Right now I am at 42" long but that might change. My CG is a little far forward which should be an easier to fix than the other way around. Sponsons are 26" apart and I'm thinking 5/8 hollow tube, but I am not sure yet.
What's your tub width for the motors? Any updates?

What's your tub width for the motors? Any updates?
I'm going to work on it a bit more soon. It will probably change, but the tub is at 5 1/2 inches. I'm going to try different motor mounts, but like mark said, you need (2) 60 mm + 5 clearance + say 10 mm for rudder = 135mm so at minimum you are looking at 5 5/16 minimum

Could anybody give me a rough count of 45 twins in the

in the district 2-4-14 area ? Just wondering if a person was to

build one, would they have enought to race with ?

Thanks TOP GUN

Thanks TOP GUN
I building a unique Twin 45 starting in May. District 14.

Thanks TOP GUN
TG,

If I get one built and running right, the plan is to run in F-Hydro or Multi-Engine Hydro @ Hobart.

Iv'e got a Scale to finish first this winter. Then some smaller riggers.

Henry,

So how did the 45 Eagle Twin run yesterday?

Sorry I missed your call, I was out playing in the snow.

Let Me Know?

Mark Sholund

Mark

No I did not run the twin -- I sayed home with my much better half -- she is still very weak after her major surgery -- will see how she doing next week

Henry

Latest posts

Back