Tunnel Champs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the pictures after Ron Byrd's "Gator Boat" you'll see a lot of tape on boats that wasn't there in earlier pictures. Yours wasn't an isolated incident Allen, but it was arguably the hardest hit of the weekend. Glad you're getting another boat!

-Bobby

Allen,

I really feel bad about destroying your boat. I know everyone who saw this said there was no way to avoid it, I sure wish I had. The damage to my HTB hull was minimal. These are strong boats and I'm sure you will like it if you get one. Carl's Lynx boats sure do run nice, though. You can't go wrong with either one.

Hope to see you back there next year.

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

Allen

You only damaged one boat !!!! I have two damaged boats !!! I'm glad they are glass and C/K.... :(

Or I would have two boxes of junk !!! $$ I saw that some type of glass boat was the way to go early this year if you remember......

Butch ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree i had a fiberglass boat, but it had a bad hook in the hull if you rember seeing it. it was a bandit by bandit boats a killer 30 never raced it though couldn't get the thing to hook up in the turns. my motor i think took most of the impact i got to get a new head from k&b air cooled and crank case and posiably a crack in the crank . steve (cirmella) and i are going to go over the motor tomorrow night to see what other parts i may need other than thous i think that it.

allen

Last edited:
correction- Randy Premo's sport B boat was a Lynx with a O.S. He just finished the boat a few days before the race. Good job C.M.B. had a big time at the race. Look foward to next year. J Whiddon

If you look at the pictures after Ron Byrd's "Gator Boat" you'll see a lot of tape on boats that wasn't there in earlier pictures. Yours wasn't an isolated incident Allen, but it was arguably the hardest hit of the weekend. Glad you're getting another boat!

-Bobby

Allen,

I really feel bad about destroying your boat. I know everyone who saw this said there was no way to avoid it, I sure wish I had. The damage to my HTB hull was minimal. These are strong boats and I'm sure you will like it if you get one. Carl's Lynx boats sure do run nice, though. You can't go wrong with either one.

Hope to see you back there next year.

Don Riek

Brandon Model Boaters

Don,

Allen is a trooper. He will be back and will be even better than before. He has a good support group that will see to it and a new club series that will give him the test and running time to fine tune the boat. And more race time under his belt by then so he will be ready.

John

Don,

Allen is a trooper. He will be back and will be even better than before. He has a good support group that will see to it and a new club series that will give him the test and running time to fine tune the boat. And more race time under his belt by then so he will be ready.

John

John,

Yes he sure is. I must say everyone at this race, as COMPETETIVE as it was, kept their cool and I don't believe I heard one raised voice all weekend, unless it was laughter. I would also like to commend CMB for starting what I'm sure will be the premier tunnel boat championship event of each year. What a great bunch of guys. I don't think I ever saw Don Gilbert without a smile on his face. Those smack talking Atwell Bros were as goofy as ever. Gabe and you, John, real gentlemen and heck of a racer, both of you. And was that really JOHN OTTO and STEVE HEARL I was racing with? WOW!!

This event should be enormous next year, as everyone who missed it now has one year to kick themselves and get ready for round two.

Don Riek

Don,

John
John,

Yes he sure is. I must say everyone at this race, as COMPETETIVE as it was, kept their cool and I don't believe I heard one raised voice all weekend, unless it was laughter. I would also like to commend CMB for starting what I'm sure will be the premier tunnel boat championship event of each year. What a great bunch of guys. I don't think I ever saw Don Gilbert without a smile on his face. Those smack talking Atwell Bros were as goofy as ever. Gabe and you, John, real gentlemen and heck of a racer, both of you. And was that really JOHN OTTO and STEVE HEARL I was racing with? WOW!!

This event should be enormous next year, as everyone who missed it now has one year to kick themselves and get ready for round two.

Don Riek

Don,

Thanks for the very kind words. WE ALL had FUN and that was our primary goal. We wanted to set the table for the future and that was also achieved so we looked at it being a great success. But the racers coming in really made it that way and for that we are most grateful. Yes, those that missed it should kick themselves. The race will be back next year for all to attend. Looking at having the speciality events again with 4 rounds next year. It is in hopeful anticipation of having well over 100 boats coming in. The Enduro was fun was it not? More entries will make it even more intense.

I just wish I could have run rounds 4 & 5 but my boat was out of commission first thing Sunday morning. Think I showed them a thing or two from a rigger driver (I started out with a tunnel). Maybe next time. Enjoyed having you and your hot running boats. Congrats on your fastest lap award for B tunnel.

John

Hey, I need to find out from Bobby Halliday how come all the boat pics are perfectly centered except mine. Was it just too fast to catch a picture of? Yuk Yuk What a great job of pictures and getting results up so quickly. I know that a lot of IW members are glad to have this info to keep them informed.

GOOD JOB BOBBY

Thanks Don! It was either the speed of your boat (all of which were fast!) or the beer :rolleyes: .

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! That's what it's all about! It's ashame we didn't have more spectators show up because you guys put on a great show!

I added pictures of the award winners and the two of Raffle winners and I have a partial race report available on the Tunnel Champs site now.

-Bobby

Hey, I need to find out from Bobby Halliday how come all the boat pics are perfectly centered except mine. Was it just too fast to catch a picture of? Yuk Yuk What a great job of pictures and getting results up so quickly. I know that a lot of IW members are glad to have this info to keep them informed.

GOOD JOB BOBBY

glad to see the race report some what done! well guys i got out today to our local pond and ran my sport b tunnel today. ived been a little lazy about putting back together, but i did boy talk about slow i been used to my k&b mod motor running like the hammers of hell comparade to a bone stock 3.5 k&b outboard. but at least i can go out to run something for now. the htb will be here soon!! oh bye the way the avitar below my name is the sport b tunnel that i was running today.

allen

Last edited:
Not the best looking tunnel boat around but sure was a fast one! Fast and ugly has its advantages. You don't worry so much about crashing it! :lol:

Ronald,

I thought it was appropriate to display Steve's dog boat candidate in the trash can, which is where it could have been after Perry Walter drove over it with his Dodge Durango at Brandon. Steve patched it up and it was really quick. (not quite quick enough to catch me though!)

Don Riek

Back