Track your Trailer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheodoreDudley

I found this tracker on line and I'm buying one for my race trailer.

I think this is a great investment to protect my racing gear.

I pray that my trailer is never stolen, but IF it ever happens, I hope this tracker will get it back.

Teddy D.

www.trackrbravo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to get lowjack or some other gps this I think won't make the cut. I used a Ride GPS unit for my bike that gave me coverage nation wide also it updates real time . You did have to pay a yearly fee and your not dependent on Bluetooth technology it works of the global gps systems.

If your truly want to protect your investment you can't go cheap. IMHO.

Julian

http://ridescorpio.com/ride/Here's what I used on my bike. As a example of a top of the line unit.

Curious. Does this technology alert you the minute your trailer is moving? Without this it seems that by the time you find out your trailer is gone your contents will also be gone. The trailer is way more replaceable than the contents.

Doug

What about a BOOT you can put on your tires and a LOUD alarm.
default_ohmy.png

Definitely going to install a tracker in my trailer this winter. But also going to do a motion detection type alarm with a loud horn. Already got all the locks and such. Still checking on some kind of a cell phone alert if and when the trailer moves. Anyone got ideas for this.

Doug

Definitely going to install a tracker in my trailer this winter. But also going to do a motion detection type alarm with a loud horn. Already got all the locks and such. Still checking on some kind of a cell phone alert if and when the trailer moves. Anyone got ideas for this.

Doug
If you look at my links both send you text messages

What about a removable trailer tongue? Tracking it is an excellent idea, but then it is already stolen......I would prefer to prevent the theft, if possible. One version at http://beartrailer.com/trailguard.htmPark the trailer, remove tongue, back up tight to it & chain/lock it to your truck. Would be best to back it in a spot with something on both sides. That way, even IF the thieves had a way to get it, it's blocked in. A rollback could be used, but by the time they cut the lock/chain, moved your truck & loaded the trailer an alarm or tracker with notification should have alerted you. Is it overkill? Not if $10,000 + worth of your stuff means anything to you (-;

I say put a boot on every tire on the trailer and car problem solved lol. Too much effort to try to bust (4) boots on a car and if you have a tandem axle trailer that's another (4) lol single axle (2).

Julian

This is the one I use and it works great. It sends me a text and email even when I walk in the trailer it will send me a text saying it has detected movement. It also sends a text and email telling me the battery is low or if the unit was turned off. Batteries lasted a year for me. Well worth the investment. Also it uses GPS not cellphone towers. sends the coordinates and shows you on a map.

Doug[/quote

Doug

Did you pick a locate device yet? If so which one?

Back